This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got a $20 gamestop giftcard and $160 in cash! What game-related stuff do I buy?

#1sabermoffPosted 12/25/2012 5:26:13 PM
Topic.
#2DividerByZeroPosted 12/25/2012 5:27:31 PM
What kinds of games do you enjoy? What do you have now?
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/TG%20Divider.jpg
#3sabermoff(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 5:34:08 PM
I've been playing Dark Souls the most lately. I don't have Artorias of the Abyss dlc, I was thinking of getting that. There's also the Halo 4 map packs, I've been playing Halo 4 a lot too. I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy and other RPGs, so I was possibly thinking about using the $20 gift card on FFXIII-2, since I rented it but never beat it. Let me know if you have more questions.
#4DividerByZeroPosted 12/25/2012 5:36:41 PM
Get one of the Tales games on demand, they're hard to find in stores and are great RPG's.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/TG%20Divider.jpg
#5sabermoff(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 5:39:10 PM
Yeah, I heard the Tales games were pretty good, I just never got around to trying them. I'll definitely check it out though.
#6Choir_of_WolvesPosted 12/25/2012 5:40:37 PM
If you're playing those games then those are good choices, considering they definitely add to the game. I would recommend against FFXIII-2 unless you find a used copy around 10 or below, as you're really not missing much in terms of content or cohesion there.

Otherwise, remember about the Walking Dead sale this week if you're interested in that. Being that you also like RPGs, you may be interested in Borderlands 2 and you can get the Season Pass on sale this week as well. If you want to start some RPGs, if you haven't done the Dragon's Age run, you can pick up the first game and expansions for cheap. I'd steer clear from Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, and most other of the Square made RPGs of the previous generation. Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia are the closest you'll be getting to the FF games of old.

You can decide for yourself on the bigger titles, the CODs, Skyrim, Farcry 3, etc.

tl;dr: Use the $20 in giftcards on those DLC's you need and then the $160 on whatever else. I've personally been playing a good amount of arcade games with the recent week of sales.
---
all posts in this topic are negated if the poster has not listened to the first six Black Sabbath albums. those who disagree will be modded.
#7Choir_of_WolvesPosted 12/25/2012 5:43:15 PM
Get one of the Tales games on demand, they're hard to find in stores and are great RPG's.

Wait, did they add more? I thought Vesperia was the only Tales game on the 360. DON'T BUILD MY HOPES ON CHRISTMAS MAN
---
all posts in this topic are negated if the poster has not listened to the first six Black Sabbath albums. those who disagree will be modded.
#8sabermoff(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 5:47:43 PM
I'm going to download the Tales of Vesperia demo now and see if I like it. If so, that'll probably be what I'll buy. I've already beaten Dragon Age, and have Skyrim and done everything on it. Not a fan of CoD anymore, and I was just gonna try out Far Cry 3 at a friend's house. Also, if it helps, I want a game that I would get a lot of bang for my buck on, and would give me a high number of playing hours.
#9Choir_of_WolvesPosted 12/25/2012 5:53:40 PM
Lost Odyssey, if you haven't done it, immediately comes to mind if you're looking for content. Big story, four discs, ex Final Fantasy and Square Soft people. Fantastic game. Otherwise in terms of bang for buck content, it depends on whether or not you have a PC, Minecraft is fantastic on the 360 in terms of content but it's hardly revolutionary if you've already spent time with it on a PC. I think of other arcade RPGs like Torchlight and think the same: if you have a computer, why bother?
---
#10Choir_of_WolvesPosted 12/25/2012 5:55:09 PM
Remember to grab the Walking Dead Episode 1 as a demo as well, considering it gives you the full episode for free right now. Again, I don't know the games you have, just trying to recommend upcoming sales and awesome games you can get for cheap.
---