This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This years after Christmas sales are crap.

#1Shy420Posted 12/26/2012 7:55:10 AM
I seem to remember last year and the previous years seeing much better video game deals. You could get current titles for what seemed like a lot less. Even Gamestop doesn't have the buy 2 get 1 free sale going on. Am I remembering things wrong?
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#2Solid SonicPosted 12/26/2012 8:14:51 AM
Eh, I dunno. I got that $10 Rayman Origins thing. That was a good use of points.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#3nothingbeastPosted 12/26/2012 8:27:16 AM
I'm looking forward to The Walking Dead sale, since i've only downloaded ep. 1 & 2.

Might also pick up some Skyrim DLC if the sale is decent.

Generally I only see a couple of items worth picking up, so (in my opinion) I think the sales are on par with my expectations.

I was kinda hoping Rockstar's sale would have included some L.A. Noire DLC, but looks like i'll have to pick that up for regular price. Not a bad thing since I got the main game (plus one DLC case free) on a Black Friday sale.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#4DyingPancakePosted 12/26/2012 8:31:33 AM(edited)
Really? I thought this year was the best year so far personally

So much stuff I couldn't even buy it all

Edit: Just realized you're not specifically talking about Xbox live sales
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#5Shy420(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 8:56:15 AM
DyingPancake posted...
Really? I thought this year was the best year so far personally

So much stuff I couldn't even buy it all

Edit: Just realized you're not specifically talking about Xbox live sales

I'd have to agree that this years Live and PSN sales are fantastic but yes I'm talking about Best Buy, Gamestop, Target and the like. Those sales are mediocre at best.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#6Solid SonicPosted 12/26/2012 8:58:26 AM
Eh? No way. Brick and mortar stores had great sales this year.

Of course it wasn't anything unusual or unexpected but they came through anyway.
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#7Dagoth_WitPosted 12/26/2012 9:06:43 AM
I've gotten a lot of great PC deals so far. Scribblenauts Unlimited for 7 bucks on Amazon being the shining moment.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#8ARsignal11Posted 12/26/2012 9:06:49 AM
I personally found some great deals this holiday season. Excluding the Xbox live deals (which I nabbed Mark of the Ninja and Dust for 600 point each), I also grabbed:

Dark Souls - $12.99
Zelda: Skyward Sword with Music CD: $20
Kirby's Epic Yarn: $5
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - $5
The Last Story LE - $30

There were a bunch of other deals out there as well I noticed...maybe not as cheap as you'd like.
#9Neo VejiitaPosted 12/26/2012 10:43:30 AM
I ordered:

Skyrim - 29.99
Sonic & Sega Allstars Racing Transformed - 29.99
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate - 19.99
Doom 3 BFG Edition - 19.99

from bestbuy.ca

There were tons of great deals but a lot of the games I already bought when they were new.
---
Pokemon Black
Tokiya FC: 0862 2942 5169
#10kungfuj0Posted 12/26/2012 10:46:03 AM
Anybody know where I can find X-Com on sale?

I am REALLY wanting that game right about now...
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!