This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you stick with MS next gen, or have they lost you>..!?

#121MideonNVisceraPosted 12/26/2012 4:31:55 PM
It depends. I hate their new multimedia stance and the ads on Live that I pay for, and basically all the stuff others hate. How much I hate it depends on what else they do, and what Playstation does as well. I won't know until awhile into the next gen actually.
---
3DS: 4768-7535-1219
#122BarneyBoscoPosted 12/26/2012 4:39:53 PM
I got the RROD, MS fixed it under warranty although it was out of warranty. Then the magnet that holds the disc broke, MS said it'll be $$ to fix, so I called back & told them I had a RROD & to send me a coffin, it came back fixed at no charge! 3 or 4 months later it would play a game for about 5 to 10 minutes then shut off. I pawned it (they only kept it on for a minute lol) and all my games & got a PS3 fat. Been working fine and now have 60+ games for it, never a problem. I feel bad for the poor sap who bought it from the pawn shop & for those who went through a similar experience and still stayed with MS.
---
http://www.mykaussie.com/images/Tennis1.jpg
#123TheArcadePosted 12/26/2012 4:44:37 PM
GorillaOnRoof posted...
What I do is none of your concern. Please stop prying into my personal decisions, and I don't have to answer this if I feel it to be invasive.

lol
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#124TheArcadePosted 12/26/2012 4:50:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#125Darthvoorhees13Posted 12/26/2012 4:51:20 PM
If it has all the problems of the last system and service: No.

Red Ring of Death
Paying for Multiplayer
Having to buy a peripheral to use wi-fi.
Having to buy a special cord to be able to use HD cables and regular.
---
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?"
- Dr. Gregory House (House, M.D)
#126MR_SorenPosted 12/26/2012 4:53:52 PM
I'll have to see what MS is offering, how it stacks up to the competition, and what games are available.

Too soon to say right now.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#127gilgamesh21Posted 12/26/2012 5:01:38 PM
They've lost me. 2008 and the NXE was such a wonderful time, but it's just been rushing headlong down the slope of terrible ever since. It was fun, but now it's time to say goodbye.
#128SparkItUpPosted 12/26/2012 5:13:28 PM
Yi Long posted...
Personally, I'm afraid they've lost me, after 3 extremely poor E3 showings where it's been clear that they've shifted their focus towards Kinect and Dashboard apps.

The best thing these last few years on the 360, FOR ME, have been the excellent XBLA games (Super Meat Boy, Trials Evo, Mark of the Ninja, etc), bt really nothing much else.

Also, PSN+ seems like a better deal than Gold.

Depending on what Valve will bring to the table with their 'Steam-Box, I think I'll switch over to them, and hopefully the OUYA will deliver the goods in the 'arcade' category.

I'm with you TC...MS has definitely been losing me as well these past few years, however, unlike you, XBLA really hasn't amused me. With their focus being more on Kinect, XBLA, apps & just riding out the past 5 years on rehashes, it really has been a disappointing gen for me as well. Sure there have been some nice new IPs, but really nothing that has grabbed me. Pretty much the only franchise that has grabbed me has been gears and even that is getting old with all of the rehashes they are starting to turn out with that series as well. While the PS3 is guilty of this as well, they have at least invested in future IPs as well. Sony lost me this gen but it is looking more & more like they are going to get me back next gen, unless MS shows me they can still care about gaming..which is very doubtful. E3 last year was really the last straw for me and it's going to take something super huge to get me back but there aren't even any rumors of anything huge (except a new console).
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfgXD8qV8
#129SpiralDriftPosted 12/26/2012 5:24:33 PM
I'm gonna wait and see what the failure rate is and maybe wait for a revision where it's corrected.
---
Do unto others what your parents did to you.
#130YamaguxhiPosted 12/26/2012 5:32:05 PM
DolphLundgrennn posted...
Depends on the pricing and/if my friends get one which I doubt they will on release. If it's past $500, I'm going to build a computer and become part of the elite master race.

---
No more Tom foolerey