This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you stick with MS next gen, or have they lost you>..!?

#131CTBradumsPosted 12/26/2012 4:33:36 PM
vashtricham posted...
After 7 rrod they will have to prove to me that they will not be cheap when making consoles

I agree with this gentleman. The inexcusable ****tiness of their console's actual parts and pieces is insulting. You can bash the PS3 or be as big of a 360 fanboi as you want, but using cheap imitation soldering that breaks or melts when the console gets warm is nothing but bad. I understand it's simple corporate business to cut costs, but in something like this...c'mon.

XboxLive is another thing I don't understand. I subscribed for years before getting a PS3 and raising an eyebrow at how PSN works. I was getting everything Live gave me, but for free. And it came with the ability to download classic PS1 games (which include most of my favorites) and transfer them to PSP. All with a free subscription and no added cost, aside from the purchase price of the games I chose to buy. Meanwhile, Live is charging me $12 or whatever per month just to play Halo or whatever I decided to play online.

And the shift toward Kinect-oriented games, or games shoving Kinect in, is concerning. I can afford a Kinect, I just don't want one. It's annoying and unnecessary.

I'll probably end up buying their next console regardless, but I'm hoping they wise up a little bit and take a hint from the PS3's positive notes. No monthly fee for online play, and a console that doesn't break if you look at it wrong due to corners being cut and THEN half-assed.
#132godplaysSNESPosted 12/26/2012 4:46:06 PM
CTBradums posted...
vashtricham posted...
After 7 rrod they will have to prove to me that they will not be cheap when making consoles

XboxLive is another thing I don't understand. I subscribed for years before getting a PS3 and raising an eyebrow at how PSN works. I was getting everything Live gave me, but for free. And it came with the ability to download classic PS1 games (which include most of my favorites) and transfer them to PSP. All with a free subscription and no added cost, aside from the purchase price of the games I chose to buy. Meanwhile, Live is charging me $12 or whatever per month just to play Halo or whatever I decided to play online.

It's also sucky that you need live even for a service like Netflix, which you pay for separately
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#133Arin_ApokolipsPosted 12/26/2012 4:49:07 PM
Nope, it's Sony for me.
---
The world is your playground.
#134Merc123Posted 12/26/2012 4:56:49 PM
It depends for me

When i got a 360, there were reasons that i got it over the PS3. First was the fact that it came out first, and i got mine about 6 months before the PS3 came out. Second when the PS3 did come out the 360 was 200 dollars less, the PS3 was so not worth the 600 bucks, and IMO the PS3 did not start getting good for until years after it launched.

So it depends on which manufacturer makes the more appealing console with better games and for a better price. MS did it last time, Sony may do it this time, may not.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#135greaterspherePosted 12/26/2012 4:57:10 PM
Porbbably not, it's been two years since i last played on it. Still have a lot of unfinished games for it...
---
Batman: You want to know something funny? Even after everything you've done, I would have saved you.
The Joker: [laughs, coughs] Actually that is pretty funny.
#136HogarthHughesPosted 12/26/2012 5:17:44 PM
As someone who owns the systems from the big 3 (Nintendo, PS, Xbox) I have to say there are definitely pros and cons to each company and their systems and obviously I'm not any kind of brand loyalist. Counting both Wii offerings, PS3, and X Box 360, I think I can honestly say that X Box 360 is a personal favorite. There are definitely categories where I find the other systems superior but overall I have to go with X Box 360. Needless to say they haven't lost me. I'm not going to get worked up about where the company stands at shows almost a year before the console is projected to launch.

We all know these machines are glitchy or suck something awful at launch and when being shown prior to launch. This isn't new info. Wait six months to a year before buying the new offerings so they can work the kinks out. You even may save 50 to 100 bucks. Problem solved. I've had one (insert random color) light of death a single time in my entire gaming career. I've had one system simply stop working (From Sega Master System and NES to present consoles). It was a PS3 when I bought it brand new. Every system I've ever owned still works to this day except a PS3 bought at launch. My original Nintendo works. Heck, my original Gameboy works. Not my PS3 bought at launch.

So no. Since they're saying the release could be as early as September (over 9 months away) I'm not going to be the worked-up angry gamer on the Internet stereotype. I'm going to be rational and more than likely purchase the next Microsoft offering. It's only real competitor is going to be Sony. Anyone who thinks this OUYA thing is going to be anywhere near a suitable replacement is delusional. That thing is going to be a box that lets you play Angry Birds style trash on your TV. Good luck to Julie Uhrman though. I will try it out but the idea that a $99 system will even compare is ridiculous. It may be great in it's own right but it will not fill the gap of dropping Microsoft off your gaming list.
---
"You know what's better than a triceratops? Only every other dinosaur that has ever existed."
#137JKSonicPosted 12/26/2012 5:19:21 PM
I'm skipping all the pages just to post...

First off it's "fat" not "phat". "Phat" is a good thing, "fat" is just something large.

Also I had PSN+ for a while and it's a great deal. But it still doesn't fix what people like better about XBL so de-point is moot.

XBLA pretty much as always and probably always will be better than PSN. Yeah there's a few "games" (because they are barely games) like Journey and stuff but for the most part XBLA blows PSN out of the water.

Yes they fell off with exclusives over the past year or two but the PS's exclusives are only subjectively worth it anyway. Stuff like Uncharted is played out, some of the best games are barely "games", there's TONS of Japanese-esque "quirky" games, and many other games are lackluster when compared to direct competition (GT to Forza, LBP Kart/ModNation to Mario Kart, Killzone to Halo/GoW, etc etc)...

And so you're going to abandon XBox because it's focusing on a device that actually works and became popular? Do you honestly think if MOVE wasn't a flop they wouldn't be focusing on it? And it's still a rare thing when MS FORCES you to use Kinect except for you know...actual Kinect only games which don't seem to appeal to you anyway.

Some people...sheesh....
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#138EM_MegaPosted 12/26/2012 5:22:41 PM
Lack of amazing exclusives has me seriously considering Sony next gen, but I'll probably just end up getting both anyway.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#139rusty12000Posted 12/26/2012 5:54:02 PM
ive gone PC and never looking back, windows 7 FTW
---
http://openmedia.ca/meter -- Put a stop to Big internet companies trying to put a cap on bandwidth in Canada!!!!
#140iceman505Posted 12/26/2012 5:57:48 PM
I've been with MS since day one, 11-15-01. I also got 360 at launch, both delivered more games I like than the competition did. In other words, MS until the bitter end. I am also probably going to forego my usual custom of buying all the consoles next-gen as well. Both times *Xbox/Xbox 360* I played Xbox 90 percent of the time. Meanwhile, the Sony, and Nintendo systems would sit unused for years at a time.