This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you stick with MS next gen, or have they lost you>..!?

#161NeoN1976Posted 12/27/2012 2:26:12 AM
otisanime posted...
Consoles have just pissed me the hell off this generation, and this is coming from someone who prefers consoles, always has, and always will. All of my favorite games are console games. Even my favorite ones of this generation are still console games.

Bunch of locked down boxes full of games made for people who are one inch divided from the average patron of a transformers live action explosion fest film. With the focus on those becoming increasingly narrow, with little leeway for otherwise. HERE'S YOUR NEXT BIG HD ADVENTURE! FULL OF SUSPENSE! SPONSORED BY SUBWAY AND MOUNTAIN DEW! FULL OF ACTION! BOOM HEADSHOT! BE SURE TO RESERVE AT YOUR LOCAL WHATEVER TO GET THE EXCLUSIVE SOMETHING OR ANOTHER FOR OUR EXPLOSION FILLED MULTIPLAYER SPONSORED BY RED BULL!!!! THIS IS HARDCORE GAMING! YEAH!

The over-monetization of every aspect of... everything ever to an insane degree, to the point in which people are so wrapped up in stuff so absurd, they'll even defend it. LOUDLY defend it.

Way too many god damned gimmicks.

Frankly, at this point, I'll stick to playing a few games that come out that I care about on PC, and playing games from the PS2 and pretending like gaming wasn't destroyed, along with playing the random gems from the developers that aren't total freaking tools when I can/however I can.

I sooo agree with there!!!!
GAMING HAS BECOME A CORPORATE COMMERCIAL CRACK SALE!!!!!
#162CapwnDPosted 12/27/2012 2:26:20 AM
Don't confuse my despise with trolls as despising Sony.
---
Thrash Zone
#163thelorenzolamasPosted 12/27/2012 2:28:51 AM
The way I see the three companies:

Microsoft:

You never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever should put too much faith and trust in Microsoft. Ever. They will turn on you. That's their MO. That's their business model. They'll toss you under the bus for a nickel. If they can find a way to charge the holy living hell out of you for ANYTHING. For any aspect of ANYTHING, they will, and they'll do it, and they'll do it hard.

Sony:

Sony's ran by idiots. Idiots with their business hearts in the right place. But still idiots. They want to, usually, get people's money by providing stuff. They just don't do it well. Whereas, Microsoft, essentially, will do anything they can to hold anything random they can to get you to spend money and make you like it. Sony desperately needs to let more of it's western side make decisions instead of it's eastern side. That'd of solved a ton of the PS3's early fiascos, I feel. Hell, if you ask me, the initial pricing of the PS3 outside of the realm of reason is what destroyed this entire generation.

Nintendo:

Nintendo has a lot of the same problems as Microsoft up there, but it manifests itself in more of a form of a caring malevelonce than anything actually sinister. They just barely seem to be able to grasp anything but them exists, and they want people to do what they want them to do, and don't understand exactly how to adapt with the times.

Shortened, I'd say:

Microsoft: Wants your money, and will get it by charging you for things
Sony: Wants your money, and will get it by giving you good options
Nintendo: Wants your money, and will get it by being Nintendo

In short, consoles have gone to hell, and I wish they weren't so entrenched in the culture now so the thing could just crash on itself and be reborn.
#164CapwnDPosted 12/27/2012 2:32:51 AM
I seriously wonder sometimes what nutty world some of you live in. If I was a betting man, I would say that your'e also a liberal.

I'm just saying.
---
Thrash Zone
#165CapwnDPosted 12/27/2012 2:33:55 AM
Don't give in to the man, man! The system should crash on itself man! Power to the people man! The man shouldn't be making our games man, we make our own games man! Now lets make some games man! Man!
---
Thrash Zone
#166JKSonicPosted 12/27/2012 6:57:29 AM
Yi Long posted...
JKSonic posted...

And so you're going to abandon XBox because it's focusing on a device that actually works and became popular? Do you honestly think if MOVE wasn't a flop they wouldn't be focusing on it? And it's still a rare thing when MS FORCES you to use Kinect except for you know...actual Kinect only games which don't seem to appeal to you anyway.

Wait.... did I somehow miss the newsreport that Kinect actually has games worth playing!?

Please tell which are A-grade games using Kinect, cause as far as I know, Kinect has only been a COMMERCIAL success in that many people jumped on-board the whole overpriced hype-train and bought it, but so far I haven't actually seen any must-have games being released for the device which we'llstill be raving about 10 years from now.

Super Meat Boy came out at pretty much the exact same time as Kinect did, and only cost me 800MSP . THAT is a game that will still be remembered fondly 10-15 years from now!

There's a bunch of "better with Kinect" games out there that use it very well without forcing it. There's also a bunch of good Kinect games, period. If they're not your cup of tea fine but you're getting on their case for doing basically the same thing Sony and Nintendo both have done (and continue to do)! Sony clearly had plans to integrate MOVE more but it was a commercial flop (probably since to do it right it was very expensive) so they've backed off. Killzone and the gun peripheral anyone? Just funny you'd rather go with a company that tried something new and failed at it rather than one that tried and succeeded, lol.

I'm just saying you're being hypocritical is all. You (and a lot of other people) act like these companies can ONLY do what's right for use "true gamers" when at the end of the day they need to cater to ALL GAMERS and that includes casuals. If they were going all casual that's one thing but they never did. They still kept tons of third party support and while the exclusives have tapered off there was never THAT many to begin with so I'm not sure you're point of how they're focusing too much on Kinect stuff.

The only real gripe I think people have is the RRoD. But even that is blown out of proportion to a degree. Yes the 360 had MORE problems than the other consoles, but the other consoles had their fair share of issues too...much more than in the past. That's how businesses work nowadays. Products are literally MADE TO BREAK and they do it in a way where it's so expensive to fix that you may as well just get a new one. That's just how life is now. Everything from microwaves to clothing doesn't last as long as it's on purpose. So again it's like your getting on their case for stuff everybody is doing. I had two Wii's that had issues this generation and while I never had a bum PS3 I knew others that have...and honestly I probably didn't own my PS3's long enough or play them enough to create problems anyway (one of my Wii's was messed up out of the box though).
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#167Yi Long(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 7:47:16 AM
JKSonic posted...

There's a bunch of "better with Kinect" games out there that use it very well without forcing it. There's also a bunch of good Kinect games, period. If they're not your cup of tea fine but you're getting on their case for doing basically the same thing Sony and Nintendo both have done (and continue to do)! Sony clearly had plans to integrate MOVE more but it was a commercial flop (probably since to do it right it was very expensive) so they've backed off. Killzone and the gun peripheral anyone? Just funny you'd rather go with a company that tried something new and failed at it rather than one that tried and succeeded, lol.

I'm just saying you're being hypocritical is all. You (and a lot of other people) act like these companies can ONLY do what's right for use "true gamers" when at the end of the day they need to cater to ALL GAMERS and that includes casuals. If they were going all casual that's one thing but they never did. They still kept tons of third party support and while the exclusives have tapered off there was never THAT many to begin with so I'm not sure you're point of how they're focusing too much on Kinect stuff.

The only real gripe I think people have is the RRoD. But even that is blown out of proportion to a degree. Yes the 360 had MORE problems than the other consoles, but the other consoles had their fair share of issues too...much more than in the past. That's how businesses work nowadays. Products are literally MADE TO BREAK and they do it in a way where it's so expensive to fix that you may as well just get a new one. That's just how life is now. Everything from microwaves to clothing doesn't last as long as it's on purpose. So again it's like your getting on their case for stuff everybody is doing. I had two Wii's that had issues this generation and while I never had a bum PS3 I knew others that have...and honestly I probably didn't own my PS3's long enough or play them enough to create problems anyway (one of my Wii's was messed up out of the box though).

I don't think I'm 'hypocritical' at all.

I'm not into motion-gaming, which is why I don't like the Wii, which is why I don't like Kinect, which is why I don't like Sony's Move, which is why I don't like WiiU. Pretty consistent.

HOWEVER, where MS' focus these last few years has very clearly been mainly on Kinect, Sony has kept their focus on GAMES first, motion-gaming 2nd. Sony has kept on releasing new IP's and mainstream/core games, where MS hasn't really brought anything original.

MS's E3 showings the last 3 years have been PATHETIC for most of us gamers. Not saying Sony's shows have been MUCH better, but at least they were better.

Sure, IF you're a 'fan' of Kinect, then I guess you're happy with their output. However, I truly haven't seen many games where we have been praising that it's a Kinect-title.

Again, tell me which Kinect games will be considered 'great classics' and 'must-have played!' games 10 years from now!?

I wasn't interested in Kinect when they were still lying about all the stuff it would be able to do, and I'm still not interested in Kinect now that it seems it's just once again gimmick-ware.

At least Sony has shown it will remain their focus on MY needs as a gamer.

Nintendo hasn't been an option for me for ages now, for far too many reasons to mention.
#168JKSonicPosted 12/27/2012 7:51:56 AM
"I don't think I'm 'hypocritical' at all.

I'm not into motion-gaming, which is why I don't like the Wii, which is why I don't like Kinect, which is why I don't like Sony's Move, which is why I don't like WiiU. Pretty consistent.

HOWEVER, where MS' focus these last few years has very clearly been mainly on Kinect, Sony has kept their focus on GAMES first, motion-gaming 2nd. Sony has kept on releasing new IP's and mainstream/core games, where MS hasn't really brought anything original.

MS's E3 showings the last 3 years have been PATHETIC for most of us gamers. Not saying Sony's shows have been MUCH better, but at least they were better.

Sure, IF you're a 'fan' of Kinect, then I guess you're happy with their output. However, I truly haven't seen many games where we have been praising that it's a Kinect-title.

Again, tell me which Kinect games will be considered 'great classics' and 'must-have played!' games 10 years from now!?

I wasn't interested in Kinect when they were still lying about all the stuff it would be able to do, and I'm still not interested in Kinect now that it seems it's just once again gimmick-ware.

At least Sony has shown it will remain their focus on MY needs as a gamer.

Nintendo hasn't been an option for me for ages now, for far too many reasons to mention."

I said you were being hypocritical because ALL the gaming companies are doing some form of motion gaming yet you're seemingly singling out MS as the one that has "lost you". And as I've said (I think in this topic, maybe another one), they are clearly preparing for their new console...hence the lackluster E3.

If you go with the SteamBox, hey that's probably not a bad choice really. But just be aware that if there's money to be made with motion game I guarantee Valve will do it too...
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#169SmokingCaddyPosted 12/27/2012 8:21:54 AM
IronMonkey008 posted...
No I'm done with console, already switched to PC past few years and now handhelds to cover what the PC lacks (JRPG)

This is how I feel as well. There has to be a really interesting game for me to get another console.
#170King_MadnessPosted 12/27/2012 8:52:53 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Absolutely.

Nintendos out of the tech race.

Sony can't make consoles that run games properly and is seemingly more interested in creating 7/10 filler instead of blockbusters. Even their online service is still shamefully behind, chucking free games to shup people up instead of having killer apps.

Not interested to commit to PC gaming.

Xbox it is.

Your out of your goddamn mind.

The 360 has yet to create a blockbuster on the level of Uncharted. I'm pissed I can't play infamous, rachet and clank, or sly cooper.

I stuck with Microsoft thinking they would have better exclusives. Well 4 years later, all I ****en got was Gear of War, AND I DONT WANT THAT ****. Sony has all the cool exclusives now, Microsoft has NOTHING, and I'm pissed I made the wrong decision 4 years ago. I won't make it again though.

Sony it is. As long as they don't shove move down out throats as much as Microsoft does with kinect, then again that's probably impossible. **** Microsoft.
---
MGiant-AYankees-VKnicksS