This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you stick with MS next gen, or have they lost you>..!?

#171Rancid_SkankPosted 12/27/2012 8:58:05 AM
Lost me? Hell, I'm already sitting outside Game in my sleeping bag waiting for the launch here (In spirit at least... I won't actually camp outside the store for one, I'll just buy it online like everyone else...)

Day one though.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK
#172CapwnDPosted 12/27/2012 10:09:47 AM
At least Sony has shown it will remain their focus on MY needs as a gamer.

And your needs are not the needs of everybody. You talk about E3...the E3 shows are never very good for any of the consoles. And how long did Sony spend on Hairy Potters book?

You talk about games... for me games is where it's at for the Xbox, and not so much on the PS3. There's still more exclusives on the 360 than the ps3. And I prefer the 360's exclusives over the PS3.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#173TheArcadePosted 12/27/2012 12:45:23 PM
CaPwnD posted...

And your needs are not the needs of everybody. You talk about E3...the E3 shows are never very good for any of the consoles. And how long did Sony spend on Hairy Potters book?

You talk about games... for me games is where it's at for the Xbox, and not so much on the PS3. There's still more exclusives on the 360 than the ps3. And I prefer the 360's exclusives over the PS3.

This.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#174EM_MegaPosted 12/27/2012 1:44:42 PM
Cole_The_Beast posted...
EM_Mega posted...
Cole_The_Beast posted...
Microsoft sucks at making consoles. Why did they even start in the first place? They should have left it to Sony and Nintendo, but no they're a bunch of greedy bastards that only survive because of their dumb sheep that buy everything including online service.

15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

Almost took the bait there, nice try though.

How is my my New User status relevant to my post? All I did was speak the truth.

Because you're just another Sony fanboy troll account made by someone who has too much free time. It's hilarious to watch you guys try so hard though.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#175zyxomma100Posted 12/27/2012 2:02:00 PM

Actually, I'll agree with the other guy. I remember actually being excited for E3 at one point in my life because MS was making big announcements, especially regarding 3rd party support and other stuff regarding their service. Now, not so much.

As for games... well, it's opinion, and I can just as well flip that around. Games are where it's at, and while I enjoyed Halo 4 and I'm liking Dust, overall the PS3 exclusives have blown the 360 exclusives out of the water over the past 3 years. It's sad because for the first 3 years of this generation, I thought it was exactly the opposite, with the 360 exclusives far and away the best available.
#176MrluzoPosted 12/27/2012 2:07:02 PM
I will be sticking with Microsoft. They made me smile and have fun this generation. Plus if the keep the same type controller and just keep live as good as it is, then why change?
#177Yi Long(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 5:33:42 PM
CaPwnD posted...

I wasn't talking about anyone else, what I!? I was talking about ME and MY needs as a gamer.

If other gamers have been satisfied by MS these last 3 years, then that's great for them.

I absolutely loved the first Xbox, and I loved the 360 and still do, but these last three years have just been very disappointing when it comes to games that appeal to ME.

It's only saving grace really has been quality 3rd party support, and GREAT XBLA games.

I'm not a big fan of MS's exclusives, nor am I a big fan of Sony's exclusives. Some I like (Valkyria Chronicles, Yakuza, The first Fable, Rallisport Challenge 2, etc), and others I hardly care for (not a big fan of First-Person Shooters, so Gears, Killzone and Halo don't do much for me...)

That said, it's been very clear that Sony has kept pushing for new original IPs these last few years, while MS hasn't.

I really feel MS has dropped the ball when they shifted their focus on Kinect and Dashboard-apps, and Sony has picked up that ball in the biggest way possible, and scoring a huge touch-down with PSN+.

And again, just to be clear, I'm speaking solely on MY behalf as a gamer. Not for anybody else.

If you enjoy Fable The Journey, or dancing with your buddies in Dance Central 3, then that's great. I don't. It's not for ME and MY gaming needs. Which is why it's more than likely that for the next generation, I'll first check out what the competion will be offering, where Valve's Steam Box looks to be offering the most reliable option.
#178CapwnDPosted 12/27/2012 9:38:58 PM
That said, it's been very clear that Sony has kept pushing for new original IPs these last few years, while MS hasn't.

Yet MS has more studios than Sony, last I checked. I'm just saying. Sony had some and closed a bunch, MS has been putting out games consistantly this whole time (yes SOME of the recent ones are Kinect, quit trying to pretend like they all are).
---
Thrash Zone
#179EternalDividePosted 12/28/2012 5:03:17 AM
Well I already bought the WiiU but then that's going to be only for the typical quirky N games. Although Blops2 plays fine on it.

So between PS4 and 720?
Well I'm on my 4th 360 so my opinion of MS's quality is about a 1/10. Especially when considering I still have fully functioning PS1/PS2/SNES/GC/N64
But Sony had just about nothing I was interested in that set them apart from 360. Plus their arrogance in their pricing held me off until last year. I get more use out of my PS3 as a movie player than anything else. And I use to be a die hard PS1/PS2 fan.

This next generation. Honestly I expect even fewer exclusives. An even bigger emphasis on the consoles doing everything except playing games (sigh). $70 games. And Sony being the arrogant curs that they have become will probably launch at $600-700.
MS. I can't see their new console being anywhere under $500. Plus I will not be surprised if they raise Live to $70 too.

Due to the price I'm pretty sure I'll be sitting out the first 2 years the way I did this gen.
But as of right now. If anyone's lost me it's Sony.
---
I support Alex Smith #11
#180nickoman33Posted 12/28/2012 5:09:18 AM
I'm going back to PC gaming. The 360 is good and all, but nothing can beat a pimped out PC.

I already have a semi-alright one now that I'm going to upgrade in the next few months.
---
Not changing sig until Half Life 2: Episode 3 comes out