This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you stick with MS next gen, or have they lost you>..!?

#181DxZ99Posted 12/28/2012 4:47:32 AM
Next gen, I'm off to PC gaming. The business model this gen is atrocious: releasing 70% complete games and giving away the other 30% as paid dlc, game breaking glitches that receive zero support, support for games dying after the first 3 months. >.<
#182schmittycent2Posted 12/28/2012 5:00:51 AM
I'm not to interested in next gen I think this gen can still push out more great games.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#183JigSawXPosted 12/28/2012 5:14:31 AM
yes,sony makes 6/10 forgetable games with terrible online.
#184SparkItUpPosted 12/28/2012 10:42:57 AM
JKSonic posted...
Yi Long posted...
JKSonic posted...

And so you're going to abandon XBox because it's focusing on a device that actually works and became popular? Do you honestly think if MOVE wasn't a flop they wouldn't be focusing on it? And it's still a rare thing when MS FORCES you to use Kinect except for you know...actual Kinect only games which don't seem to appeal to you anyway.



Wait.... did I somehow miss the newsreport that Kinect actually has games worth playing!?

Please tell which are A-grade games using Kinect, cause as far as I know, Kinect has only been a COMMERCIAL success in that many people jumped on-board the whole overpriced hype-train and bought it, but so far I haven't actually seen any must-have games being released for the device which we'llstill be raving about 10 years from now.

Super Meat Boy came out at pretty much the exact same time as Kinect did, and only cost me 800MSP . THAT is a game that will still be remembered fondly 10-15 years from now!


If they're not your cup of tea fine but you're getting on their case for doing basically the same thing Sony and Nintendo both have done (and continue to do)!



If I wanted what Sony & Nintendo did, I would have gotten a Sony or Nintendo console. At least Sony has realized it as a failure and is moving on with new IP's and is also making PS Move less of a cornerstone. MS hasn't realized that Kinect was a joke when it came out, and it's still a joke and continues to heavily invest in something that gamers for the most part, have rejected. There is not one "must have" Kinect title out there. It was a gimmick when it came out and it continues to be a gimmick, just not one that was successful.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfgXD8qV8
#185dcn2424Posted 12/29/2012 3:36:24 AM
Here are the cons of MSFT this generation:

- MSFT selling avatar clothes, gamer pics, themes.
- Incomplete games with DLC add-ons for sale.
- Subscription fee to play online multiplayer.
- Digital License nonsense.
- Overpriced games on Xbox Live Marketplace
- Few good discounts on downloadable games
#186Delta ZeroPosted 12/29/2012 4:18:01 AM
I'm sticking with Xbox. I just don't seem to get into Sony's games, with a very few exceptions.

I don't mind the RROD (I received excellent support) or paying for live so it is all irrelevant when compared to the games I like and the service I enjoy.

I already have enough money on hold for a launch purchase.
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/xXDelta%20ZeroXx/tempo/card.png
#187godplaysSNESPosted 12/29/2012 4:35:37 AM
DxZ99 posted...
Next gen, I'm off to PC gaming. The business model this gen is atrocious: releasing 70% complete games and giving away the other 30% as paid dlc, game breaking glitches that receive zero support, support for games dying after the first 3 months. >.<


The PC gaming is no exception with that crap though. More often than not, a game that is badly supported on the console is just as bad on the PC
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#188teehee23Posted 12/29/2012 4:45:39 AM
Without question, preordering the next gen Xbox.

RROD was a longterm blessing as Microsoft will ensure that nothing happens like that again. That fiasco cost them over a BILLION dollars, deservedly so, and 360's built the past 3 years are perfection.

XBLA is such an amazing platform now. Without XBLA I would not be looking forward to it nearly as much.

Xbox brand is now 3rd party developers 1st consideration.

Controller is perfect.

HALO franchise (I needs my Halo)

Best value online. $4.00 a month for Xbox Live is deal of the forever.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#189Lightning_fanPosted 12/29/2012 4:57:56 AM
Idk, I will wait years to see what games both are offering.

360 did RROD... and the last couple of years has been lacking in first party titles imo.

Nintendo seems to be returning to the "core market"

So waiting years imo is a good move (and good on the wallet).
#190Damon PlusPosted 12/29/2012 8:29:12 AM
I've liked this gen quite a bit and consider the 360 one of the best purchases I've done in my life regarding consoles. But, if next gen you need to pay for playing through Xbox Live I'm switching sides.
---
Step back! This is my blast shot!