This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you stick with MS next gen, or have they lost you>..!?

#31Yi Long(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 9:16:33 AM
CaPwnD posted...
Discounted items are yours to keep whether or not you subscribe afterwards.

The discounted games are usually older games, and if I'm interested in a game I would buy it then and there. Why would I pay for a possible discount on a game that I might get? I hardly buy any PS3 games as it is because the exclusives don't interest me and multiplats, xbox of course.

I BOUGHT Deus Ex including all DLC for only 10 euro 4-5 months orso ago on PSN. That seemed like a pretty damn good deal.

Not to mention all those free games I nabbed up from when PSN was hacked....
#32CapwnDPosted 12/26/2012 9:16:46 AM
Now now, I can say for sure there have been day one sales for PSN Plus.

That may be but a few dollars off a game that I might buy isn't of value for me. My online experience when playing games is much more of value for me.
---
Thrash Zone
#33CapwnDPosted 12/26/2012 9:21:15 AM(edited)
I BOUGHT Deus Ex including all DLC for only 10 euro 4-5 months orso ago on PSN. That seemed like a pretty damn good deal.

That's nice for you but I've had Deus Ex for over a year (on PC).

You are trying to tell people that PSN is a better value but you fail to see that it is certainly not a better value to everybody. Since PSN+ started I think the only games I would have saved money on would have been Journey, Tokyo Jungle, Dyad, and maybe some GT5 DLC. That would hardly have been a value to me to pay $80 or whatever it would have been to get those 4 or 5 discounts.
---
Thrash Zone
#34godplaysSNESPosted 12/26/2012 9:21:42 AM
Microsoft has lost me...Too few exclusives(that I care about) and a pay to play online service

Sony and Nintendo have more exclusives that matter to me, and even if the Xbox 3 ends up having better multiplats, I'll just play them on the PC instead
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#35Solid SonicPosted 12/26/2012 9:23:37 AM
Microsoft has lost me...Too few exclusives(that I care about) and a pay to play online service

Sony and Nintendo have more exclusives that matter to me, and even if the Xbox 3 ends up having better multiplats, I'll just play them on the PC instead

Vanquish never came to PC...RDR never came to PC...
---
Buy a Wii U: Don't support platforms that can play Resident Evil 6. Free yourself from the chains of corruption.
#36Chewy247Posted 12/26/2012 10:17:49 AM
Yep. Although I do have a Wii U so I already dipped into the next gen. MS is still my preferred company and console.
---
Now it was me and lil CC and we be chillin' by ourself, both of us just popped a pill, now im feelin myself
#37TwoNumbThumbsPosted 12/26/2012 10:29:31 AM
Steambox. Im not getting the 720
---
Forgive me. I have a bleeding heart for gaming.
Weeping Angel of the Doctor Who boards
#38DakhanavarXPosted 12/26/2012 10:29:43 AM
tokenblackguy23 posted...
I will stick with MS next gen for reasons listed below

1.) Awesome 3rd Party Support with games usually looking better on XBOX
2.) Xbox has become an amazing media hub( hulu, netflix, music, movies etc...)
3.) Xbox Live( lets face it, it does it better than anyone else)
4.) Controller (I love the controller)

The only thing I think it could do better is more Exclusives but the days of exclusives could be over.

Pretty much all of this. I had a Wii at launch, sold it. Bought it again dirt cheap years later and picked up some newer games, sold it again. I have a PS3 and while I like it for some exclusives, I mostly play 360 for the multiplatform games & exclusives.

I'd also add XBLA to that list. PSN has some goodies, but it seems lacking by comparison. I'd complain about exclusives, but I prefer the best multiplatform games to the best exclusives this gen, and that goes for all systems. I'd give up Halo and Killzone before Bioshock and Borderlands, for example.

I play games to unwind and have fun. The 360 has provided that. As a result, it's hard to really justify how they lost me, even if I don't love every little thing they do. It's not like Sony or Nintendo is any better. They're all companies that want money.
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#39magicaltopPosted 12/26/2012 10:30:43 AM
Honestly at this point I'm leaning more towards Sony depending on what MS or Sony offers obviously. As TC said though, Microsoft hasn't really given any indication it wants to appeal to gamers.

As said before paying for Xbox Live is a joke. The only feature I actually care about is part chat and if Sony implements that on their next console well then there goes that. Their PSN Plus is a way better deal and optional.

Microsoft's exclusive aren't really interesting to me. Halo, Gears, Forza, and Fable don't appeal to me at all.

The Xbox does have some good things though. Controller is great though. Could never get used to the PS3's. The arcade has been fantastic. All in all this is speculation until they announce what the next consoles will have.

Solid Sonic posted...

Vanquish never came to PC...RDR never came to PC...

Well he mentioned Sony so he'd probably get them on PS4 or w/e.
---
ITT, we compare our hard drives like it's our ****-size.-Aight_Then
#40JigSawXPosted 12/26/2012 10:47:47 AM
xbox for me.better controller,interface and online.also integration overall. the exclusives are more relevant and quality too.