This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you stick with MS next gen, or have they lost you>..!?

#51RycerXPosted 12/26/2012 10:12:43 AM(edited)
I'll be buying all three major consoles eventually regardless, but as far as multiplatform is concerned, all bets are off. Everyone starts fresh with an equal opportunity to earn my first next gen console purchase and multiplats afterward. I guess you could say MS has lost me in that respect, but they have the same chance as Sony, Nintendo and whoever else to get me back in terms of multiplat sales.
#52singhellotakuPosted 12/26/2012 10:12:21 AM
they have been a bit weak on the software front of late, I'll likely stick with them as my primary console but given the issues with hardware quality this gen, I might wait a year or two to actually buy the 360's successor so they can get the design kinks worked out.
#53TheBlueStigPosted 12/26/2012 10:17:26 AM
With some of the stuff in recent patents, I won't be buying the 720 at all if that crap can't be disabled.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#54BigBossMakaveliPosted 12/26/2012 10:25:30 AM
Lost me software has been weak for the last couple of years. Focusing to much on kinect casuals and dashboard apps. PS4 and Steambox for me next gen. Microsoft second gen and they are finishing this gen looking extremely weak again (xbox) on the software front.
#55DaMan1900Posted 12/26/2012 10:29:40 AM(edited)
for me none of the 3 will get a purchase from me

wiiu - its an under powered, first party game machine (i dont enjoy mario games any longer)
id is locked to console
region locked
eshops are not unified
dislike tablet controller

720- MS make poor hardware and are willing to sell it to the consumer
lack of 1st party titles that appeal to me
have to pay for online (i had it for two years and i have had the same service from both xbl and psn minus a few psn problems (hacking)). Also we pay for online and still we have to deal with ads... talk about double dipping -_-

ps4 - sony has become very anti consumer and i need to see how they will handle next gen and its hard to support a company like that.

as you can see as of now im leaning more towards the ps4(if i were to buy one), based on what we know now but that can change as more info is released about both the ps4/720. i highly doubt i will buy a wiiu. That will be the first nintendo console i dont, i blame the wii for that.
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#56Mastadon77Posted 12/26/2012 10:27:33 AM
I will wait and see which system becomes the most popular.

I've noticed each gen (I've been buying consoles since NES days) and usually the better 3rd party support goes to the system that sells the most. Makes sense that the developers are going to put the most effort into the titles they release for that system as they will sell the most copies to that customer base.
---
"I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass........
and I'm all out of bubble gum"--Roddy Piper (They Live)
#57ChicagoTed_Posted 12/26/2012 10:28:27 AM
I never owned an Xbox. I bought my Xbox360 after Bioshock was released, alongside my PS3, and my Wii.

My Xbox got RRoD 3 times. The last time was outside of warranty. That time, they asked me for money to repair it. There was no way I was going to pay them to send me another shoddy console, so I sold it for parts, along with all my games.

Then, about three weeks later, my PS3 did the same thing. I already paid $150 to fix it the first time, and it lasted just over a year before it got the YLoD. I sold it for parts, too, along with all my PS3 games.

I have no plans to buy the new Playstation or Xbox. I'm content with my WiiU and PC gaming. Yes, I'll miss playing the games on the new systems, but after what happened this generation, it would take a metric ton of convincing for me to invest money in these companies again.
---
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted
#58DaMan1900Posted 12/26/2012 10:28:29 AM
Mastadon77 posted...
I will wait and see which system becomes the most popular.

I've noticed each gen (I've been buying consoles since NES days) and usually the better 3rd party support goes to the system that sells the most. Makes sense that the developers are going to put the most effort into the titles they release for that system as they will sell the most copies to that customer base.

if this was the case the wii would have had much better third party support
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#59DolphLundgrennnPosted 12/26/2012 10:30:05 AM
Depends on the pricing and/if my friends get one which I doubt they will on release. If it's past $500, I'm going to build a computer and become part of the elite master race.
#60melbye80Posted 12/26/2012 10:34:21 AM
Never buying a MS-console again. Not enough exclusies and they clearly care more about other things than games. Why would i need a box under my TV for Netflix when i can get it straight on my TV