This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you stick with MS next gen, or have they lost you>..!?

#61CapwnDPosted 12/26/2012 11:37:27 AM
No offense, but Microsoft never had me... the titles I would play on their systems are mostly multi platform.

The only game I want that's on a Mircosoft system is Panzer Dragoon Orta, but Panzer Dragoon Zwei on the Saturn (which I have) is better anyway.

So why would you even post in a topic like this anyways?
---
Thrash Zone
#62realskillz1990Posted 12/26/2012 11:41:48 AM
no, they charge for online and they stop competing with exclusives for the past few years and has really changed my opinion on their brand and future consoles.
---
You release your game and it has disc locked content and day 1 dlc I will just buy your game used.
#63Kingmichael1337Posted 12/26/2012 11:45:12 AM
atm they're losing me; paying for xbox live blows. you might say "it's just like $5 a month, get a job!" but playing online is free on any other gaming system, and i don't have money to be throwing around on random crap

not to mention they lock you out of stuff like netflix if you ever stop giving them money. maybe you'll find the online gaming isn't worth the money, but the movie streaming is--well, you've got to pay for both.
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#64Skunkdog1Posted 12/26/2012 11:47:54 AM
theyve lost me since switching to PC earlier this year
#65rodninniPosted 12/26/2012 11:50:34 AM
I've bought 3 Xbox 360s due to system failures. So no, I won't be staying aboard for the next console generation. Instead, I hope Nintendo gains some strong 3rd party support because I've never had any piece of their hardware fail on me.

Even today I can pull my NES, SNES, GC, or any handheld out of the closet and not have one concern about whether it will still play. Same with the Wii.

On the other hand, there's red rings galore with Microsoft and I've heard of YLOD with Sony's system. So I'm stuck deciding, do I take a chance on another poorly designed Microsoft system; do I return to Sony after abandoning them after the PS2 cycle due to the initial cost of the PS3; or do I go with Nintendo, who builds solid systems than may or may not have access to AAA titles and may not be supported by the major third party developers?

I'm leaning toward Nintendo, but am waiting to see how they deal with shovelware and catering to the younger audiences. If I can still play the major releases like GTA, Batman: AC, and Mass Effect along with Mario, Zelda, and Smash Bros, I'll be good. And 2K and THQ will also need to support the system with their annual sports releases, whose absence ruined the Wii for me.
#66CapwnDPosted 12/26/2012 11:53:22 AM
On the other hand, there's red rings galore with Microsoft and I've heard of YLOD with Sony's system.

Yep. In fact people piss and moan about MS and their RRoD, but they had a much better waranty then SOny. I had a PS3 for only one year and it YLOD. Had to pay almost $200 for a repair. And it broke again just another year later. Had to buy a new system. So to have one working PS3 I spent $987.

You say you bought 3 xboxes.... why would you not just send it in for a free repair? They repaired them for free for up to 3 years and sometimes longer.
---
Thrash Zone
#67Ampharos64Posted 12/26/2012 12:00:04 PM
Well, the only reason I even got a 360 this year was Tales of Vesperia, so...
It would depend, I'll certainly consider their new console, any of the next gen consoles are an option, but there'd have to have exclusives I really wanted, and I think as far as that goes more Tales is probably out, can't see there being another entry in the series that's released exclusively on a Microsoft platform in the West. So I think it's more likely I'll pick the PS4, and possibly another system later, but I'll wait and see, I don't intend to buy any of them at launch anyway.
#68phillyeagles123Posted 12/26/2012 12:00:44 PM
Halo + controller + Xbox Live = me getting the Nextbox. Probably not on release, but eventually.
#69CGB_SpenderPosted 12/26/2012 12:10:24 PM(edited)
I will stick with them. Xbox 360 is such an improvement on Xbox and I expect 720 to continue that trend. Xbox 360 continues to be my most used console. It has an amazing lineup of XBLA exclusives, unique Kinect games, the best selection of video streaming services like HBO Go (just finished watching Six Feet Under from beginning to end) and all the best multiplats this gen. I'm sure I will get a Wii U and PS4 later, but 720 is the only launch buy for me.
---
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2210/4016647774_8f8d4e0212.jpg
#70Jinxey86Posted 12/26/2012 12:16:19 PM
After 2 RROD, I gave up on the system.