This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you stick with MS next gen, or have they lost you>..!?

#71Gandalf the IstariPosted 12/26/2012 11:19:18 AM
Just recently picked up a ps3 and have had a xbox360 for a while (I tend to wait for price drops so I'm practically a generation behind haha) But Sony's operating system/store is such trash it causes me physical pain in comparison to xbox360. Seeing how digital is probably going to have an even bigger presence next gen I can't see myself getting anything multiplat on sony console.
#72GorillaOnRoofPosted 12/26/2012 11:21:53 AM
Ah the hell with this, I can't hold it in anymore. TC I want you to know that I've changed my mind and I am not in fact sorry for what I originally said.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#73thatauthorPosted 12/26/2012 11:25:23 AM
they lost me not because they're bad, but because Steam.
---
There's nothing like ending a month with a big middle finger from mother nature ~Bobb
#74Gafgarion93Posted 12/26/2012 11:25:54 AM
All depends on the game line up. Will probably cave for Elder Scrolls 6. Whichever console runs it smoothest between playstation, xbox, or this steambox I barely know anything about.
#75DaMan1900Posted 12/26/2012 11:26:54 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
Just recently picked up a ps3 and have had a xbox360 for a while (I tend to wait for price drops so I'm practically a generation behind haha) But Sony's operating system/store is such trash it causes me physical pain in comparison to xbox360. Seeing how digital is probably going to have an even bigger presence next gen I can't see myself getting anything multiplat on sony console.

yea the ps3's os has always been pretty slow but if the vita's os is anything to go by for next gen then its something to look forward to. The store was much better before the update now its a slow pos...
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#76Kaze_MemaryuPosted 12/26/2012 11:33:41 AM(edited)
All three majors have lost me for next/this gen.

I only got myself a 360 for Guilty Gear 2 and BlazBlue, and that's it. Everything about the console still sucks and always will suck (except for the controller) because M$ is just way too greedy for their sloppy service.
Same goes for Nintendo. The 3DS still doesn't feel like well invested money to me, and the WiiU won't even find it's way to my home unless they drastically improve their services.
And Sony lost it's strength with the PS3. Well-selling or not, many games were disappointing - especially if they were sequels to past-gen games.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#77co1onelPosted 12/26/2012 11:41:11 AM
I'll have to wait to see the next gen consoles myself and what games they will have, but if things go anything like they are now I will probably switch over to playstation.
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoIonel
#78Master_BassPosted 12/26/2012 11:41:22 AM
Currently, I see no reason to get the next Xbox if Microsoft keeps treating it like they have the 360 the past few years. There's been next to no real big exclusives and I much prefer my PC to play multi-platform games when possible.
---
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/omegazero55/Random/JudithOYO.gif http://i50.tinypic.com/x0pdep.png http://i45.tinypic.com/awb49h.png
#79CapnStankyPosted 12/26/2012 11:44:13 AM
After the PS3 and Vita disasters, nothing about Sony gives me any confidence that they won't screw everything up about the PS4 as well. They proved with their horrendous PSN fiasco that they can never be trusted again.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#80the_reaper849Posted 12/26/2012 11:51:37 AM
i have no interest in a next gen console from either one of them.

all of them are creating multipurpose consoles rather than focusing on games.

the overall quality of games recently has gone down as well (IMO)

and a bunch of titles with the same things i saw last gen with a pretty coat of paint is not enough to make me want to buy one.
---
im a cook, and i play one in my RPG's.