This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

News: Wii U more successful than xbox360

#31bossk5Posted 12/27/2012 7:58:56 AM
ArcFan10000 posted...
bossk5 posted...
The fact that the stores were fully stocked with them a week before Christmas makes me a bit skeptical. ;)

Yeah it's like you can buy it now. But beforehand they didnt have the deluxe set in stores, which everyone wants that version.

I've seen plenty of both since launch.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#32nothingbeastPosted 12/27/2012 8:17:50 AM
I guess I'll have to find some way to keep playing my 360 games knowing that tons of Christmas shoppers succumbed to the "new hotness" syndrome.

It'll be difficult.... but we must muddle through these trying times
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#33link0316Posted 12/27/2012 8:22:53 AM
Some people bought the new gimmick? What a shocker.
---
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2
#34GSoKashPosted 12/27/2012 8:38:57 AM
Jx1010 posted...
now its on the news
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/12/24/wii-u-launch-more-successful-than-launches-of-xbox-360-and-playstation-3/

Are you serious? A console that comes out 7 years later where gaming has grown a ton in popularity sees more purchases than the previous? Man, I never thought a bigger audience would ever grant more sales. /sarcasm

Honestly, these topics just kill me. I can't facepalm hard enough
---
Playing: Day-Z(PC), Borderlands 2(360&PC), Fire Emblem 7(GBA)
#35CapnStankyPosted 12/27/2012 8:49:05 AM
GSoKash posted...
Jx1010 posted...
now its on the news
http://mynintendonews.com/2012/12/24/wii-u-launch-more-successful-than-launches-of-xbox-360-and-playstation-3/

Are you serious? A console that comes out 7 years later where gaming has grown a ton in popularity sees more purchases than the previous? Man, I never thought a bigger audience would ever grant more sales. /sarcasm

Honestly, these topics just kill me. I can't facepalm hard enough

It's all Nintendo fanboys have left. Their "new" console is a disaster.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#36jakethenoobPosted 12/27/2012 8:51:27 AM
Why so many mad children here?
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#37KtuluheroIIPosted 12/27/2012 8:53:34 AM
Why so many mad children here?

Cause it's cool to hate on Nintendo products until their favorite console copies them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/MIimZ.jpg?1
#38Master_HapposaiPosted 12/27/2012 8:56:29 AM
Is that all that matters now, Sales? I guess that's why we don't get good games anymore.
#39Vyse_skiesPosted 12/27/2012 8:58:04 AM
I think Nintendo aren't a great company. I found the Wii very underwhelming, relying purely on gimmicks than actual good games. Sure, it had one or two gems as every console does.
---
My ignore list is exclusive to trolls only. I should warn you though, it's crowded and the trolls imprisoned within are mean, anti-social and well... ignored.
#40reverence27Posted 12/27/2012 9:07:41 AM
I was going to swear off the Wii U after the whole JRPG incident with Nintendo, but my wife got me one for chirstmas, and I have to say It is a lot of fun. I really liked the wii, but the games really lacked, and the only great RPG's didn't come out till the end of cycle after almost a year of begging.
For the Wii U, With gaming switching over to Ipad Tablet style gameplay, the Wii U really integrated classic gaming controls with the addition of a tablet touchscreen which really adds to the gameplay. I can say, as long as rpg's are not shunned this generation, Nintendo may be my top choice this generation.
As bad as ZombiU is, I really do like the way the controls are implimented, news of Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter already having NA Release dates, and with Microsoft losing all Japanese support, I don't think I will go with the next xbox. Xbox was great at the beginning and had the best selection of JRPG's over all 3 systems, but halfway through, they lost all support and Sony pulled a hail mary releasing every single JRPG they could think of in NA. Hopefully nintendo learned their lesson with Last Story and Xenoblade (which both almost sold better in NA then the other two territories combined with no advertising whatsoever and shady exclusive deals with gamestop, leaving no mass retail store sales possible.)
---
God is a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser , a misogynistic, homophobic racist, an infanticidal, malevolent bully:Richard Dawkins