This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

News: Wii U more successful than xbox360

#41dayj15Posted 12/27/2012 10:10:21 AM
So that explains why my job sold out of 360s/PS3s.....but have butt-loads of Wii Us in the back....more successful indeed.
---
Xbox 360 GT: I KiD ViCiOuS I
PSVITA: CoMpLeX_EniGMa
#42CapnStankyPosted 12/27/2012 10:17:38 AM
dayj15 posted...
So that explains why my job sold out of 360s/PS3s.....but have butt-loads of Wii Us in the back....more successful indeed.

Yep, Wii U is a disaster. Terrible sales, terrible ports, terrible hardware. Terrible all around.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#43shawnmckPosted 12/27/2012 10:20:58 AM
Its the Holiday season....why wouldn't we expect the Wii-U to sell a butt-load..?
Come back in 6-months, and we'll see how its doing then.
Especially since that is when Microsoft (& maybe Sony) will be announcing their next gen consoles....which I suspect will suck the life out of the Wii-U sales.
#44Cloak973Posted 12/27/2012 10:27:52 AM
reverence27 posted...
I was going to swear off the Wii U after the whole JRPG incident with Nintendo, but my wife got me one for chirstmas, and I have to say It is a lot of fun. I really liked the wii, but the games really lacked, and the only great RPG's didn't come out till the end of cycle after almost a year of begging.
For the Wii U, With gaming switching over to Ipad Tablet style gameplay, the Wii U really integrated classic gaming controls with the addition of a tablet touchscreen which really adds to the gameplay. I can say, as long as rpg's are not shunned this generation, Nintendo may be my top choice this generation.
As bad as ZombiU is, I really do like the way the controls are implimented, news of Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter already having NA Release dates, and with Microsoft losing all Japanese support, I don't think I will go with the next xbox. Xbox was great at the beginning and had the best selection of JRPG's over all 3 systems, but halfway through, they lost all support and Sony pulled a hail mary releasing every single JRPG they could think of in NA. Hopefully nintendo learned their lesson with Last Story and Xenoblade (which both almost sold better in NA then the other two territories combined with no advertising whatsoever and shady exclusive deals with gamestop, leaving no mass retail store sales possible.)

jprgs are a dying antiquated genre. there hasn't been a jrpg revolutionize the genre since the ps2 days, and is slowly disappearing because of that.
---
XBL GT - The Snapple Cap
NY Giants 8-7/ Brooklyn Nets 14-12
#45dayj15Posted 12/27/2012 10:32:04 AM
Here's what I personally think. Nintendo has already succeeded in developing its hardcore and loyal niche. They know that there are people who will go buy whatever they come out with. Then there are those, like most of us, who over the years, walked away from console monogamy and pledged our allegiance to gaming as a whole. The latter group acknowledges Nintendo and it's efforts which are in itself, well look at their longevity. Still, we are looking more toward the capabilities of games. Not just what new features are added to add more appeal. Games like The Last Of Us, Metal Gear Solid:Ground Zeros, future Mass Effect titles. These are current/Future generation titles that span two systems, but have the abilities to show the history of gaming through it's impact in many different ways. In short....we're getting ready for the next generation. The Wii U showed up early to the party before finding out what the other two candidates for Best Dressed were wearing.
---
Xbox 360 GT: I KiD ViCiOuS I
PSVITA: CoMpLeX_EniGMa
#46TheArcadePosted 12/27/2012 10:43:21 AM
I'm going to filibuster this opinion.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#47EcotronPosted 12/27/2012 10:51:20 AM
Who cares it sucks
#48reverence27Posted 12/27/2012 11:05:54 AM
Problem with this topic is, most kids on Gamefaqs didn't start gaming until PS2 so they do not have any appreciation for the Nintendo Classics and its franchises. Nintendo has basically two markets, Casual Gamers (from toddlers to grandparents) who only own a Wii, and Older Hardcore Gamers (between 25-45) who own both Wii and one of the other systems, where as most who owns only an Xbox or Playstaion are just general Gamers or new gamers or have a limited fixed income (generally age 8-25)
---
God is a vindictive bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser , a misogynistic, homophobic racist, an infanticidal, malevolent bully:Richard Dawkins
#49NintendologicalPosted 12/27/2012 11:34:51 AM
reverence27 posted...
Problem with this topic is, most kids on Gamefaqs didn't start gaming until PS2 so they do not have any appreciation for the Nintendo Classics and its franchises. Nintendo has basically two markets, Casual Gamers (from toddlers to grandparents) who only own a Wii, and Older Hardcore Gamers (between 25-45) who own both Wii and one of the other systems, where as most who owns only an Xbox or Playstaion are just general Gamers or new gamers or have a limited fixed income (generally age 8-25)

I have been playing video games since 1985, with the release of the original Super Mario Bros. for the original NES. I've played the great titles that people have forgotten, like Kickle Cubicle and Journey to Silius. I have no problem with Nintendo developed games. They just aren't a compelling enough reason to buy a console. This isn't the 80s or 90s where you bought a system because it had Mario, or because it had Sonic. Gaming is much larger and more dynamic than it was in those days. People rightfully demand a diverse library, and Nintendo platforms are lacking. Disliking the platform has nothing to do with disliking the company as a whole, or their games. You are correct that people have limited income. As such, the purchase of a Wii and its required accessories is money that could be better spent toward games for a platform with more titles, a better online community and more features.

Nintendo has simply stopped being a competitive player in this industry. That's why Nintendo still lost $500 million their last financial quarter, despite having sold the most consoles of any of their competitors. When Sony had losses during their reign with PSOne and PS2, it was because of markets that other departments of Sony were involved in (e.g. televisions, computers and movies). It is mind boggling that Nintendo could command the largest user base this generation yet have an abysmal attach rate in which even their best third party games failed to sell 1 million. In fact, of the top thirty best selling games on the Wii, 22 of them are from Nintendo. Two are from the Just Dance series, two more are from the Sonic & Mario Olympics series. If you only take the top fifteen titles, then you are down to only two third party games. I suppose if you really love Nintendo, that is a non-issue, but for those of us who grew up not only on Mario and Sonic, but on Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Command and Conquer, Doom, Ultima, Mortal Kombat etc, there is more to gaming than a short fat Italian plumber and his brother. Nintendon't do it like they used to, and that is a true shame.
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#50dennis941012Posted 12/29/2012 3:28:36 AM
reverence27 posted...

I have been playing video games since 1985, with the release of the original Super Mario Bros. for the original NES. I've played the great titles that people have forgotten, like Kickle Cubicle and Journey to Silius. I have no problem with Nintendo developed games. They just aren't a compelling enough reason to buy a console. This isn't the 80s or 90s where you bought a system because it had Mario, or because it had Sonic. Gaming is much larger and more dynamic than it was in those days. People rightfully demand a diverse library, and Nintendo platforms are lacking. Disliking the platform has nothing to do with disliking the company as a whole, or their games. You are correct that people have limited income. As such, the purchase of a Wii and its required accessories is money that could be better spent toward games for a platform with more titles, a better online community and more features.

Nintendo has simply stopped being a competitive player in this industry. That's why Nintendo still lost $500 million their last financial quarter, despite having sold the most consoles of any of their competitors. When Sony had losses during their reign with PSOne and PS2, it was because of markets that other departments of Sony were involved in (e.g. televisions, computers and movies). It is mind boggling that Nintendo could command the largest user base this generation yet have an abysmal attach rate in which even their best third party games failed to sell 1 million. In fact, of the top thirty best selling games on the Wii, 22 of them are from Nintendo. Two are from the Just Dance series, two more are from the Sonic & Mario Olympics series. If you only take the top fifteen titles, then you are down to only two third party games. I suppose if you really love Nintendo, that is a non-issue, but for those of us who grew up not only on Mario and Sonic, but on Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Command and Conquer, Doom, Ultima, Mortal Kombat etc, there is more to gaming than a short fat Italian plumber and his brother. Nintendon't do it like they used to, and that is a true shame.

wii + accessory costs less than 360 >_>
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123