This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

News: Wii U more successful than xbox360

#51mess98Posted 12/29/2012 3:31:09 AM
CapnStanky posted...
LOL the 360 sold out, which is why they didnt sell more. The Wii U is a bomb that couldnt even sell out during the busiest shopping time of the year LOLOLOLOLO

This. It's a little crude... but this.
I saw too many Wii U's on the shelf come Christmas Eve. It's a shame, but there really isn't any unique software to move the hardware.

My fiance and myself wanted to buy one but couldn't justify it.
---
Now playing: World Of Warcraft (PC), Halo 4 (360)
#52YOU_DEFEATEDPosted 12/29/2012 11:38:12 PM
reverence27 posted...
Problem with this topic is, most kids on Gamefaqs didn't start gaming until PS2 so they do not have any appreciation for the Nintendo Classics and its franchises. Nintendo has basically two markets, Casual Gamers (from toddlers to grandparents) who only own a Wii, and Older Hardcore Gamers (between 25-45) who own both Wii and one of the other systems, where as most who owns only an Xbox or Playstaion are just general Gamers or new gamers or have a limited fixed income (generally age 8-25)

Been playing since the Atari 2600. My favorite two games ever made are The Legend of Zelda and Chrono Trigger. Both Nintendo related console exclusives.

I bought the Wii, and found out I used it more as a glorified emulator because the games for it blew. (Excluding Smash Bros.)

I'll be damned if I buy the Wii U. The Wii sold a lot of consoles based on name brand alone, but I learned my lesson and I think plenty others did too.

This goes for Microsoft and Sony as well - I want a video game system. Not a nunchuck, not a tablet, not a music player, not a movie player, just..a frickin'....video game system. Cut out the cost for the rest of that nonsense and focus on software.
#53YOU_DEFEATEDPosted 12/29/2012 11:44:12 PM
^That goes for that hot garbage called kinect as well. Sounds like the next Xbox has it built in. Oh JOY I want to spend some extra cash in to hardware I'll never use.

I'm also pissed that Xbox Live is plagued with hex edited game saves across most of its online library. If they're dumb enough to have the same USB/hard drive setup so that any tool can hook it up to their PC instead of online storage I won't be getting that either.

I don't own a PS3, but it's looking more and more like I'll hit up Sony next gen.
#54twopinacoladasPosted 12/29/2012 11:44:26 PM
The 360 and PS3 likely had a lot less consoles in the launch window. It took me weeks to get a 360 and I was checking and calling places sometimes multiple times daily. PS3 I believe was short blu ray players with that said its not surprising the Wii U has done well. I'll get one one day.
---
www.itstimetosplit.com
#55CapnStankyPosted 12/30/2012 12:05:51 AM
YOU_DEFEATED posted...
^That goes for that hot garbage called kinect as well. Sounds like the next Xbox has it built in. Oh JOY I want to spend some extra cash in to hardware I'll never use.

I'm also pissed that Xbox Live is plagued with hex edited game saves across most of its online library. If they're dumb enough to have the same USB/hard drive setup so that any tool can hook it up to their PC instead of online storage I won't be getting that either.

I don't own a PS3, but it's looking more and more like I'll hit up Sony next gen.

Lolnewuser
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#56PannerPosted 12/30/2012 1:27:18 AM
CapnStanky posted...
YOU_DEFEATED posted...

Lolnewuser

Lolelite.
---
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it
#57faris_ruhiPosted 12/30/2012 1:27:20 AM
It just tells you that Nintendo planned on meeting the demand properly. There were plenty of Wii Us shipped out and stocked up. And this number of sold units in the first 4 week tells it. They managed to sell consoles to everyone they wanted, and had actually overestimated demand since you see it in stock at many stores.

The 360 and ps3 sold out at launch and had a lot of demand. I knew many people personally who wanted one but could not find it. Some people just gave up trying to find one and bought it 2-4 months later. Just didn't ship out enough consoles for launch.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#58Rome218Posted 12/30/2012 1:38:57 AM
I'm surprised Nintendo just won't die. They make really good first party games, but nothing I can think of as a system seller. Grew up loving Mario but I really outgrew Mario, Link, almost every other Nintendo game.

I had more respect for Sega when they died.

I still think Wii-U will become the next Dreamcast for Nintendo, but it won't be as cool as the Dreamcast was. It's just a tablet controller to play current gen games and Nintendo games(Mario or whatever).
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#59pedrovay2004Posted 12/30/2012 2:45:17 AM
Perfect Light posted...
Walkman_005 posted...
The Wii was also more successful than the 360 or PS3.

What's the point?

People will continue to suck Nintedo off till the end of the world. Nothing new.

This. Just because people are suckered into buying Nintendo products doesn't mean they're good.

Except, you know, they ARE good. For me, the Wii saw more play than the 360, PS3 and PC combined. And no, I don't own a single minigame compilation or "casual" game.
#60faris_ruhiPosted 12/30/2012 8:57:16 AM
pedrovay2004 posted...
Perfect Light posted...
Walkman_005 posted...
The Wii was also more successful than the 360 or PS3.

What's the point?

People will continue to suck Nintedo off till the end of the world. Nothing new.

This. Just because people are suckered into buying Nintendo products doesn't mean they're good.

Except, you know, they ARE good. For me, the Wii saw more play than the 360, PS3 and PC combined. And no, I don't own a single minigame compilation or "casual" game.

Even though when I bought the wii in early 2008 and sold it 2-3 months later because I wasn't playing it, I still acknowledge it to be good. In fact, I plan on getting a Wii U to play all the Wii games I missed out on.

At that time, I simply didn't have enough time or interest to keep up with 3 consoles, and since wii had the least amount of games I was interested in, I sold it off. The Wii since then, built up a great library.

My plan is to get the Wii U after it's first price cut (probably when the next xbox or playstation launches). There's two advantages to this:

1) Since the ps3 and 360 will have less releases, I won't feel like there is a shortage of games for me since now I have the entire wii catalog to play (plus whatever good wii u games are out by then)

2) By the time I get through those games, these consoles would be on the market for at least a year, and most hardware defects will probably be known with even possible action by the companies taking place. Alongside a decent library being built up for each console as well. So when times comes to buy them, it would be much safer than if I were to buy them at launch (not to mention cheaper).
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4