This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsofts pricing structure for XBLA content seriously needs an overhaul.

#1anonymous4everPosted 12/27/2012 12:07:55 PM
Upon browsing through some of the titles, I noticed that 4-5 year old games are still selling for full price. This is ridiculous. Most of these games should have received steep price cuts by now.

Also, what's with the prices on GoD content? I can walk into most any gamestop and pick up a majority of those games at least 50% cheaper, especially if I buy the game used.
#2XtremeWRATH360Posted 12/27/2012 12:08:36 PM
Again!
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#3AkaimizuPosted 12/27/2012 12:11:32 PM
True. I think everybody who has Digital Download Content needs to keep looking back at their entire library of games (sections at a time) and review the costs. This is an issue for everybody due to large libraries and the fact they haven't went back to certain titles yet; but Microsoft isn't out of the loop for this. On this, I agree.

Across the board, this is often why I often look for used Physical copies of games (particularly ones that online-play activation is not or no longer a factor anymore), because often enough it is still cheaper to buy them than to go download them.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#4anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 12:12:05 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Again!

Again what?
#5anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 12:14:47 PM
I'm probably going to give in and buy Deathsmiles 2 GoD pretty soon. The actual physical import is prohibitively expensive for me and I'm kind of worried that Microsoft will take it down for some reason before I get a chance to buy it.
#6glyde69Posted 12/27/2012 12:18:24 PM
It is what it is.

I would think it is in the companies who MAKE these games to cut prices over time to drum up business for their best interests. But if they feel their best business model is to keep their games at 12 bucks, who are you or me to argue? 99.9 percent of complaining is from cheap asses IMO who want everything for free.
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#7Vivi0198Posted 12/27/2012 12:19:14 PM
anonymous4ever posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Again!

Again what?

This topic. We know this and MS knows but yet they do nothing.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#8glassghost0Posted 12/27/2012 12:24:35 PM
Games on Demand prices are MSRP

You pay $1.60 or more for a chilled bottle of soda, you can get the same product for less price in a greater quantity such as a 2 liter.

You pay more for ease of access too, the term escapes me at the moment, but what I'm saying is, you have the ability to download that game while sitting on your couch in your underwear.
---
Signature OFF
#9randomweirdoPosted 12/27/2012 12:27:01 PM
glassghost0 posted...

You pay $1.60 or more for a chilled bottle of soda, you can get the same product for less price in a greater quantity such as a 2 liter.

You pay more for ease of access too, the term escapes me at the moment, but what I'm saying is, you have the ability to download that game while sitting on your couch in your underwear.

I think you are looking for convenience. It's also like how you can go to 7-11 and pay more for the same thing you'd get at a grocery store. You pay extra for that convenience.
#10glassghost0Posted 12/27/2012 12:28:40 PM
randomweirdo posted...
glassghost0 posted...

I think you are looking for convenience. It's also like how you can go to 7-11 and pay more for the same thing you'd get at a grocery store. You pay extra for that convenience.

ahah, yes thank you, lol
---
Signature OFF