The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is the Silent Hill HD rerelease on the Marketplace?

#1liveman789Posted 12/28/2012 5:19:28 AM
I see it comes with two games. Are they worth buying?

The only SIlent Hill I played was Homecoming and I thought it was pretty good.
#2charlton3kPosted 12/28/2012 5:35:35 AM
Oh didn't realise it was on the marketplace already, I got the disc when it came out and loved it, got all the endings on both games, each playthrough gets better and better.
Once I got all the achievements I went out and got all the other silent hill games, although they are good, not as good as these original 2 :D get it!
#3VIP_TimePosted 12/28/2012 5:48:37 AM
Both games are amazing, this version is terrible though. If possible, play it on the PS2.
#4cup_a_soupPosted 12/28/2012 5:50:45 AM
VIP_Time posted...
Both games are amazing, this version is terrible though. If possible, play it on the PS2.

Why recommend the worst version of the lot? The Xbox version is the best of all.

But if the Xbox version of Silent hill 2 isn't available to play (it's not Backwards compatible), then the HD collection is fine. It's just a couple of *minor* issues with the sound that are present. You should definitely get them if you're a fan of horrors.
#5ILikesCheesePosted 12/28/2012 6:25:32 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
VIP_Time posted...

Why recommend the worst version of the lot? The Xbox version is the best of all.

But if the Xbox version of Silent hill 2 isn't available to play (it's not Backwards compatible), then the HD collection is fine. It's just a couple of *minor* issues with the sound that are present. You should definitely get them if you're a fan of horrors.

Only a handful of socially awkward people still have an Original Xbox anywhere near a working TV. And the HD version is a textbook example of how NOT to update a classic game. The issues are much, much worse than you describe.

Go with the PS2 versions.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#6Kickboxx88Posted 12/28/2012 6:32:39 AM
This was my experience with the HD collection. The game played fine up until the first boss. Then it would freeze up. I took it back and got another copy. Same thing. Waited for a patch, but it didn't get announced and I was running out of time to get a refund, so I returned it.

I wish they would patch it so I could feel more confident buying another copy. I loved the game.
#7GeistPosted 12/28/2012 6:38:14 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
cup_a_soup posted...
VIP_Time posted...

Only a handful of socially awkward people still have an Original Xbox anywhere near a working TV. And the HD version is a textbook example of how NOT to update a classic game. The issues are much, much worse than you describe.

Go with the PS2 versions.

So many issues, yet you posted none...
---
Currently playing : RDR
#8charlton3kPosted 12/28/2012 6:50:38 AM
The only issues i noticed was the game slowing down when an achievement popped up, but just wait a minute and back to normal, I didn't mind.
#9ILikesCheesePosted 12/28/2012 7:07:04 AM
Geist posted...
So many issues, yet you posted none...

If you are so interested, it is not my responsibility to hand feed you. Google "Silent Hill HD patch" and learn the sad, sad tale of an admittedly broken game and a company's refusal to issue a patch because Microsoft would charge them too much.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#10VandorLeePosted 12/28/2012 7:23:31 AM
But if youve never played the originals then youll never notice how messed up the hd release is.

I dont understand defending a game that couldnt even be PORTED as good as the original game they were rereleasing.

Its a horrible version but get it if you want. Feel free to look up all the issues.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"