This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is the Silent Hill HD rerelease on the Marketplace?

#11steve_juneauPosted 12/28/2012 7:43:34 AM(edited)
Keep in mind that I own only a 360, not a PS3...

Buy an older phat PS3 (the one with PS2 BC)
Buy every Silent Hill game ever released on disc (except Book Of Memories)
????
Profit

It's a sad truth, but the PS3 (at least the old one) is the only way to play these games in the original untouched way. Silent Hill "HD" Collection is such a wasted opportunity. Why no SH4? Why no SH:O? Granted SH2 and SH3 are the best of the series by a long way, but it's hardly a "Collection" with only 2 games.
#12Gary StantonPosted 12/28/2012 7:48:40 AM
Both games are amazing, this version is terrible though. If possible, play it on the PS2.

You can't be "amazing" and "terrible" at the same time. But I agree, if you have access to a PS2, play it there.
---
"War as a video game; what better way to raise the ultimate soldier?" - Solid Snake
#13CurlisPosted 12/28/2012 7:48:46 AM
If you can, the Silent Hill HD Collection is much improved on the PS3 since it was actually patched. Either way, the games are great. I played through Silent Hill 2 so far and it really is a great, memorable game with good scares.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Vesperia
My Backlog: http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=curlis (feel free to add me)
#14pothocketPosted 12/28/2012 7:50:03 AM
SH2 was released on original Xbox, right? Is it backwards compatible?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#15Krauser86Posted 12/28/2012 7:52:15 AM(edited)
The Silent Hill 3 HD version is incredibly buggy. It can freeze a lot on occasions, has sound glitches, frame-rate issues and well... it's not exactly the best port.

A patch WAS going to be released to fix it, but then Konami simply said they weren't going to patch it, and left it at that.

Do NOT buy the HD collection. Only because then it's just enforcing Konami's ability to actually sell games that are beyond broken, which they refuse to patch.

Just go with the PS2 version if you haven't played either game.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#16GeistPosted 12/28/2012 8:02:45 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Geist posted...
So many issues, yet you posted none...

If you are so interested, it is not my responsibility to hand feed you. Google "Silent Hill HD patch" and learn the sad, sad tale of an admittedly broken game and a company's refusal to issue a patch because Microsoft would charge them too much.

So in other words, you've got nothing.
---
Currently playing : RDR
#17Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 12/28/2012 9:25:38 AM
Let's just say that the HD Collection had so many issues that Konami decided it wasn't even worth their time trying to fix it. They actually had to offer people a free game if they sent in their copy because they knew it was a piece of crap and were trying to make up for it.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#18TheRobPosted 12/28/2012 9:36:05 AM
Xx_King_Beef_xX posted...
Let's just say that the HD Collection had so many issues that Konami decided it wasn't even worth their time trying to fix it. They actually had to offer people a free game if they sent in their copy because they knew it was a piece of crap and were trying to make up for it.

I could be wrong, but I think Konami just decided not to fix the 360 version. I'm pretty sure PS3's version got a patch.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#19VandorLeePosted 12/28/2012 9:38:24 AM
Geist posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Geist posted...
So many issues, yet you posted none...

If you are so interested, it is not my responsibility to hand feed you. Google "Silent Hill HD patch" and learn the sad, sad tale of an admittedly broken game and a company's refusal to issue a patch because Microsoft would charge them too much.

So in other words, you've got nothing.

Geeze lay off because he wont go post what you can easily look up yet somehow not doing this makes his point void?

You know what here, it took me two seconds to google it:

-Severe frame rate drops in both games.
-Lag upon receiving Trophies/Achievements
-Graphical glitches.
-Sound loops
-Audio glitches.
-Reduced transparencies of fog, glass, etc
-The game being too dark, even with the in-game brightness maxed.

Ps3 exclusive issues:
-Erratic walking speed, at worst rendering the game virtually unplayable.
-Game running before loading screens cleared (potentially allowing players to take unavoidable damage or miss the first bits of many cutscenes)

I believe the ps3 issues and a lot of issues for the ps3 version were patched. 2 patches were released for the ps3 version.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"
#20CurlisPosted 12/28/2012 9:39:11 AM
TheRob posted...
Xx_King_Beef_xX posted...

I could be wrong, but I think Konami just decided not to fix the 360 version. I'm pretty sure PS3's version got a patch.

Yes, like I said above, the PS3 version is much better now with the patch than it was at release.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Vesperia
My Backlog: http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=curlis (feel free to add me)