This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is the Silent Hill HD rerelease on the Marketplace?

#21Killah PriestPosted 12/28/2012 9:39:59 AM
The ps3 patch made it slightly better/on par with the 360 version.

its not some incredibly amazing fix everything patch like some people think.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#22RebornKusabiPosted 12/28/2012 10:43:39 AM
Geist posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Geist posted...
So many issues, yet you posted none...

If you are so interested, it is not my responsibility to hand feed you. Google "Silent Hill HD patch" and learn the sad, sad tale of an admittedly broken game and a company's refusal to issue a patch because Microsoft would charge them too much.

So in other words, you've got nothing.

No because he assumed you had enough... tact, to use Google to find your results. But here, lemme Google that for ya :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do2nP22QQ28
http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_Hill_HD_Collection#Technical_issues

Oh and for the record, even if you haven't played the games before (or in my case, haven't played them in years), you would still notice issues with it like the Maria picture in the last link and severe frame rate drops.
---
"The whole ending to MGS2 is a clusterf***. The game was good and then *POW* La Li Lu Le Lo and S.O.P.A. for about 45 minutes." -hankyhank3416
#23JKSonicPosted 12/28/2012 10:47:00 AM
My game had tons of game-ending glitches as well. If you didn't play the original than the things that were left out or change won't affect you, just be aware that you may be one of the people who gets glitches and unless they have a change of heart they've already announced there will be no 360 patch released...ever.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#24ZazabarPosted 12/28/2012 10:48:25 AM
Head on over to the board for this game on the the 360 and you'll soon find out how bad this port was. Hell, go to the PS3 board too, they'll say the same thing.
---
http://www.xfire.com/profile/zazabar/
You'll see...I'll still be Andy's favorite toy. >:)
#25JKSonicPosted 12/28/2012 10:52:06 AM
Zazabar posted...
Head on over to the board for this game on the the 360 and you'll soon find out how bad this port was. Hell, go to the PS3 board too, they'll say the same thing.

At least the PS3 version got patched, lol. Not sure how much it fixed but at least they made an effort.

Only effort for the 360 was an offer that if you sent in your receipt (or maybe the actually game can't remember) they would send you another Konami game for free.

Yes, the game was bad enough that the DEVELOPER offered a free game in it's place. Think and say what you will...but the fact that they did that holds more weight than anybody's opinion.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#26MRevelle83Posted 12/28/2012 9:20:11 PM
I have the HD Collection.

My worst problems was defeating the bosses in SH3. Normally, when you kill a boss you get a 5 second death animation. In the HD Collection, the frame rate goes down to about 1, and takes about a minute and a half to get through this 5 second scene.

The other problems were looping sounds, sound effects not existing, the fog being reduced for some stupid reason, and just general needless changes.
---
www.academagia.com
#27BeefEasterPosted 12/28/2012 10:46:27 PM
the xbox version of silent hill 2 is backwards compatible
#28MRevelle83Posted 12/29/2012 12:31:08 AM
And it has bugs as well. At least with the HD Collection you don't have to worry about deleting all your saves so you can play the game again.
---
www.academagia.com
#29VIP_TimePosted 12/29/2012 6:07:22 AM
Both games are amazing, this version is terrible though. If possible, play it on the PS2.

You can't be "amazing" and "terrible" at the same time. But I agree, if you have access to a PS2, play it there.

I said "this version is terrible"... Which it is.

VIP_Time posted...
Both games are amazing, this version is terrible though. If possible, play it on the PS2.

Why recommend the worst version of the lot? The Xbox version is the best of all.

But if the Xbox version of Silent hill 2 isn't available to play (it's not Backwards compatible), then the HD collection is fine. It's just a couple of *minor* issues with the sound that are present. You should definitely get them if you're a fan of horrors.

Well, if you are gonna act like that, the best version is the PC version.