This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Space 3 Will Know When You Swear

#1TravarkothPosted 12/28/2012 10:33:13 AM
Sometimes, Dead Space can be quite scary and delivers plenty of jump scares for the player to enjoy/hate, so itís rather natural that you may exclaim a naughty word when you jump out of your skin after being dismembered out of the blue!

Dead Space 3's Kinect controls, because of the above, will now respond to your reflexive cursing. The executive producer of the game, Steve Papoutsis, said that certain swear words will activate things in the game, "There are commands where you might be in a certain situation and you might yell a specific expletive and it might behave in a way that you want it to."

https://www.videogamesuncovered.com/news/dead-space-3-will-know-when-you-swear.html#.UN3WeG9X1id

Haha, well now...
---
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
-- Paarthurnax --
#2gabriusPosted 12/28/2012 10:34:47 AM
In Space, noone can hear you scream.

...just don't be a pottymouth
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#3JKSonicPosted 12/28/2012 10:34:53 AM
They better have a "non swear mode" where you can use normal words to activate the same features (and no I didn't read the whole article to see if that is the case).
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#4temgunPosted 12/28/2012 10:36:23 AM
Well now, that's just ridiculous. I don't know why anyone would even swear in a game like Dead Space since it's not overly frustrating anyway.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#5sockesockePosted 12/28/2012 10:37:43 AM
this sounds really cool, i hope they use the speech recognition for something creative like the effects of insanity in eternal darkness or lone survivor.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#6SoincMetalPosted 12/28/2012 10:50:56 AM
Aint got kinect, no plans to.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#7Killah PriestPosted 12/28/2012 10:52:44 AM
Characters would react to your swearing if you used the voice commands in Binary Domain.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#8BeastLeeAdamsPosted 12/28/2012 10:54:08 AM
temgun posted...
Well now, that's just ridiculous. I don't know why anyone would even swear in a game like Dead Space since it's not overly frustrating anyway.

I did while playing the demo for both games.
#9AkaimizuPosted 12/28/2012 11:07:15 AM(edited)
Great. That means they'll start simulating a REAL ALIENS 2 scenario for us.

-- Hey, we got this survival horror for you Kinect owners out there. And oh. This entire section of the base you can't use your weapons or risk a hull breach.

- "So what are we supposed to use? Harsh Language?"

-- Yes!

(Or even worse. They'll go all Demolition Man on us and make us pay a fine each time!)

I turn around and next thing I know, some men will stop by to rip out my toilet and replace it with 3 sea shells. I'll have to learn how to use them darn shells.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#10NightRainPosted 12/28/2012 11:07:19 AM
What... does that mean that it you shout "****!!", the creature that was going to attack you will... uhh... oh dear god...
---
Xbox 360/Wii
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots