This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

General Consensus of Dragon Age 2?

#11Perfect LightPosted 12/28/2012 10:36:36 AM
I tried to get into it multiple times. The combat was fun but the story was really boring and nothing was happening. Combine that with the inefficient quest system and it was just not a fun game.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new
#12JKSonicPosted 12/28/2012 10:40:49 AM
Here's the problem with it... It turned a deep RPG experience into a button masher. It played more like the Dynasty Warrior games than the RPG it was supposed to be.

The story was fun but even that was severely flawed because the WHOLE GAME takes place centralizing around a few main characters and one main town (with a few caves and small areas surrounding it).

Also took away a lot of the customization. You couldn't even choose the armor type for your allies AT ALL and yours was extremely limited as well. Shoot, you couldn't even choose a race, just classes. The first game went from being able to choose what, three races all with multiple starting areas to ONE race.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#13foodeater4Posted 12/28/2012 10:42:23 AM
How are you TC?

Act 1 is fine, lots to do and all the places are new to you.

But act 2 and 3 are a bit lame cause your still in kirthwall going to all the same places, in and outside the city, the exact same maps.

That being said, I enjoyed my singple playthrough, but I have had no desire to replay the game, unlike DA1 which I have went through probably 4 full times.
#14RPG_ApostlePosted 12/28/2012 10:51:18 AM
Arucard05 posted...
I'd say the general consensus is "It's a flawed experience".

Some people have...stronger opinions however.

What a shock, finding you in a DA2 topic.

It's like finding Sarcastic Laughing Guy at a nerd gathering.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a lightbulb? They won't, since it TECHNICALLY didn't violate the TOS, but you'll be modded if you say there's no light.
#15UnicornTamer1Posted 12/28/2012 10:57:00 AM
Scarecrow1711 posted...
I'm enjoying it immensely so far despite some of the flaws. Combat is really fun and I look forward to see how they implement it along with DAO's combat system in DA3. I hace a question though. I'm playing FemHawke, should I romance either Anders or Merril?

Romance Anders and the romance subplot will seem a lot more relevant.
---
Master of Gnomes, Keeper of Secrets
Fluttershy's #1 Fan
#16Scarecrow1711(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 10:58:34 AM
foodeater4 posted...
How are you TC?

But act 2 and 3 are a bit lame cause your still in kirthwall going to all the same places, in and outside the city, the exact same maps.

That being said, I enjoyed my singple playthrough, but I have had no desire to replay the game, unlike DA1 which I have went through probably 4 full times.

How am I? I am well. I'm about 8 hours into the game though so I supect that I'm still in Act 1?
---
GT: Ru3 1711 Add me nao!
Hobonet - Internet for the homeless. Now available under a bridge near you!
#17RygonPosted 12/28/2012 11:02:30 AM
Fewer strategic options, less choice, recycled areas, and weaker story than Origins. Varric is a very good new character and there are a few major story points that are quite excellent ideas, but not executed very well. I like the new design decisions to make the races more unique.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#18Arucard05Posted 12/28/2012 11:16:42 AM
Arucard05 posted...
I'd say the general consensus is "It's a flawed experience".

Some people have...stronger opinions however.

What a shock, finding you in a DA2 topic.

It's like finding Sarcastic Laughing Guy at a nerd gathering.

This topic might as well be titled "Paging Arucard05".
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#19Perfect Cell85Posted 12/28/2012 3:53:14 PM
above average game, but if you loved DA:O it will be a step back in some areas.
#20foodeater4Posted 12/28/2012 4:10:13 PM
Scarecrow1711 posted...
foodeater4 posted...
How are you TC?

How am I? I am well. I'm about 8 hours into the game though so I supect that I'm still in Act 1?

If your still saving money for the expedition then your still in act 1.