This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

General Consensus of Dragon Age 2?

#31desert_santaPosted 12/29/2012 9:29:04 AM
loved it, but the recycled environments did get on my nerves(not a dealbreaker though)
#32sevanm83Posted 12/29/2012 9:35:15 AM
They lost me for the same reason Skyrim lost me. Its just a reskinned game. DA 2's style strayed away from its original gameplay style to mimic mass effects style. Just like how when i started Skyrim it just played out like a medievil Fallout 3, wich is way better anyway
#33Dark_SpiretPosted 12/29/2012 10:25:08 AM
to me its this generations Invisible War. Decent game on its own, but a shell of nearly everything that made the first one great. Yes, its my biggest disappointment this gen.
#34GorillaOnRoofPosted 12/29/2012 10:49:37 AM
Greatest game of all time.

This game came at an excellent time for me, as I was recovering from playing this painfully terrible game called "Beyond Good And Evil HD".
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#35kungfuj0Posted 12/29/2012 11:44:04 AM
DA2 is a game that is better than most people give it credit for, but it is still deeply flawed. I had alot of fun with the game and I enjoyed playing through it, but it has some issues that justify some of the hate that it gets.

1. First off, they should never have named this game DA2. It should have been called DA: Champion of Kirkwall. That alone would have erased some of the hate, as the people who played it wouldn't have been expecting DA Origins 2.

2. Recycled environments. I understand why they did it....severely limited dev time and all (less than 2 years), but that really is inexcusable.

3. And this is probably the worst offense, IMO. The story is screwed up in places. Bioware prides themselves (or at least they USED TO pride themselves) on their stories. So how in the world did they manage to screw this one up so badly? They talk about choices all the time, but at the end of the day, the same stuff happens anyway, regardless of the choices you made. The way they chose to go with it just wasn't right, IMO.

Like I said, it was a good game, but it could have been great with another year or so in the cooker. Hopefully they will learn for their mistakes from this game and put that to good use in DA3. They better. Their reputation is on the line at this point.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#36Quorthon109Posted 12/29/2012 1:07:44 PM
It's a disgrace
---
http://i.imgur.com/Kjo08.jpg
#37En Sabah NurPosted 12/29/2012 1:51:31 PM
The only thing I can legitimately agree that was poorly done was the overly repeated and uninspired environments. I am sure they did it to save money/time and crank the game out, but it really hurt the quality of the product.

I feel like DA2 had much better gameplay than the first game, but the way it handled loot seemed a bit poor, and the story wasn't anything to write home about but did the job.

However, I did really like the characters in DA2, except for Anders, and enjoyed the game as a whole. Varric is really a wonderful character, I especially liked when he embellished on his story and made himself into Rambo until they called BS on him.
---
Playing - Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, PSABR, Halo 4, Lego LOTR, Darksiders 2, Forza Horizon, Transformers FOC, DOA5, Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Resident Evil 6, MAA
#38twa556Posted 12/29/2012 4:22:24 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I would get modded if I expressed fully my disappointment in DA2

Me

You

Friends
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnuVfx8uVA&list
Typical example of Anime^
#39Dragon NexusPosted 12/29/2012 5:43:40 PM(edited)
It was alright.....
Hugely disappointing after DA:O. It's an okay game, but didn't reach the standard set by the original.

I was recovering from playing this painfully terrible game called "Beyond Good And Evil HD".

Dude, you're on my friends list.
Don't go ruining it!
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#40WinternovaPosted 12/29/2012 5:55:48 PM
JKSonic posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...
But there was no horrendously long and dull Fade area like DA:O.

But unlike DA:O there was really only ONE area you were in...period...

That's a plus in my book. I liked the scope of Dragon Age II - it was less cliched than the LOTR rip off that was Dragon Age:Origins.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)