This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Original Xbox games quality on xbox 360

#1Fishman24Posted 12/28/2012 1:21:16 PM
I have some xbox 1 games and I am considering taking them home with me after the holidays.

The Games I am thinking about taking home are:
KOTOR
Splinter Cell, SC Pandora Tomorrow, SC Chaos Theory
Grand Theft Auto Vice City

I have looked on the internet and they are all backwards compatible. I am just curious on how these games run on the xbox 360. I am curious how these games play on the 360. How is the picture and audio for these games on the 360. Also what can these games run at. I am not expecting these games to run at HD quality but I am curious what the optimal quality is to play these games.

Thanks for your help.
#2Spartangod777Posted 12/28/2012 1:24:53 PM
Kotor and the Splinter Cells run like a charm. Chaos is HD too.
---
Nothing important to say here.
#3TheBlueStigPosted 12/28/2012 2:01:11 PM
Unfortunately the resolution that original XBox games run at is not a user-configurable option.

I'd like an option to choose the resolution myself instead of letting games run at 480p.

Only game I have that runs higher than 480p is Ninja Gaiden Black.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#42DshmuploverPosted 12/28/2012 2:12:34 PM
Some games run very well. GTA SA is the only one I have on my HDD, it runs really nice and upscales nicely to 1080p and as a bonus the 360 emulation engine lavishes it with 4xMSAA to help reduce jaggies.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#5TravarkothPosted 12/28/2012 2:55:38 PM
From: Spartangod777 | Posted: 12/28/2012 3:24:53 PM | #002

Well, Knights of the Old Republic has a few glitches. I think Wikipedia sums it up:

Sound may sometimes become very quiet until the Xbox is reset. Often experiences heavy lag during combat and short lag bursts out of combat. May also experience freezing during gameplay not associated with cutscenes. This is especially apparent in Anchorhead, Tatooine, where an event-triggered bug causes the game to freeze whenever entering the city, rendering the planet unable to be completed. Sound may cut in and out during dialog. Enable Widescreen by setting resolution to 480p within Xbox 360 Dashboard.

But the Splinter Cells run great, as far as I can tell.
---
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
-- Paarthurnax --
#6Spartangod777Posted 12/29/2012 11:09:37 AM
Travarkoth posted...
From: Spartangod777 | Posted: 12/28/2012 3:24:53 PM | #002

Well, Knights of the Old Republic has a few glitches. I think Wikipedia sums it up:

Sound may sometimes become very quiet until the Xbox is reset. Often experiences heavy lag during combat and short lag bursts out of combat. May also experience freezing during gameplay not associated with cutscenes. This is especially apparent in Anchorhead, Tatooine, where an event-triggered bug causes the game to freeze whenever entering the city, rendering the planet unable to be completed. Sound may cut in and out during dialog. Enable Widescreen by setting resolution to 480p within Xbox 360 Dashboard.

But the Splinter Cells run great, as far as I can tell.

Oh. Never encountered the audio problem. But I guess it slowed down sometimes, but not to any unplayable extent.
---
Nothing important to say here.