This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Brother-in-law just gave me a Turtle Beach X11 headset for free...

#1SpideymasterPosted 12/28/2012 2:25:44 PM
From a quick search, it doesn't seem to be the newest model, but I was simply wondering if it's a quality one nonetheless.

He told me he didn't use his headset and that I could have it since I planned on getting one anyway, but I didn't expect it to be this nice.
---
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64
#2Surv1valismPosted 12/28/2012 2:53:18 PM
Not to be a **** but you could like....try it out.
---
GT: IAstro ZombieI ( i's)
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#3Spideymaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 2:55:38 PM
Surv1valism posted...
Not to be a **** but you could like....try it out.

Can't at the moment, but even if I did, I have no other headsets to compare it to, as this is my first 360 headset.

I was simply wondering if it's as expensive as it looks, is all.

...Wait, I can test the sound quality on my laptop. Hm.
---
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64
#4whiteboygenePosted 12/28/2012 2:58:14 PM
I have one, and it's pretty much the cheapest Turtle Beach you can get... but yeah I think it's pretty good. Way better than bad TV speakers and much better output than regular 360 mic.
---
Chairman of the Correct Opinion Board.
"Your still a psychopath Whiteboygene" -Offworlder1
#5glassghost0Posted 12/28/2012 3:05:22 PM
That's the headset I use. I like it a lot, my only complaint is when using my play and charge kit while having the mic plugged in, it creates a rather annoying buzzing sound, which isn't too bad, especially if you're playing a game and talking, but once you are able to unplug one or other you'll be happy, lol.
---
Signature OFF
#6Spideymaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:06:38 PM(edited)
whiteboygene posted...
I have one, and it's pretty much the cheapest Turtle Beach you can get... but yeah I think it's pretty good. Way better than bad TV speakers and much better output than regular 360 mic.

Alright, cool.

Also, uh...I just tried to plug it into my laptop, and although it plugs in, no sound comes through the headphones. My laptop mutes its speakers like it always does when I plug a headset into it, but I get no sound.

Plugging in the USB makes the light on the headset turn on, but I get no sound from that either.

Is the normal headphone jack for it broken, or?
---
#7MarkMiltonPosted 12/28/2012 3:06:00 PM
yeah, i've got an X11... it's durability is questionable, but they feel, work and sound great.

but i've got a big head i guess, and i've cracked the straps above both ear muffs taking it off over the past year. being wired is kinda been a hassle as well... i really do need a decent wireless set soon.
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304
#8Spideymaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 3:15:53 PM
Urgh, also, can somebody please explain to me how this headset works? Do I have to plug the USB into my 360 as well as plug the jack into my controller? And what then? Does this headset play sound from the game or just peoples' voices? Because all I hear is slight static when I plug it in.

If I'm going about this all wrong, then correction would be appreciated. It's just that the regular headphone jack doesn't seem to work on my laptop, and I can't get it to work on my 360 either.
---
#9whiteboygenePosted 12/28/2012 3:15:57 PM
I should also add that mine has been duct-taped and super-glued twice. Also for PC use I think you need that pink plug-in cord. I wouldn't know but it's really easy to plug in and play when you use it on your 360.
---
Chairman of the Correct Opinion Board.
"Your still a psychopath Whiteboygene" -Offworlder1
#10glassghost0Posted 12/28/2012 3:17:29 PM
Spideymaster posted...
Urgh, also, can somebody please explain to me how this headset works? Do I have to plug the USB into my 360 as well as plug the jack into my controller? And what then? Does this headset play sound from the game or just peoples' voices? Because all I hear is slight static when I plug it in.

If I'm going about this all wrong, then correction would be appreciated. It's just that the regular headphone jack doesn't seem to work on my laptop, and I can't get it to work on my 360 either.

You have to have the usb plugged in, otherwise the headset doesn't have power. The usb powers the headset, so you'll have to have it plugged into your 360 as well
---
Signature OFF