This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Brother-in-law just gave me a Turtle Beach X11 headset for free...

#21Spideymaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 4:11:13 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Spideymaster posted...
gotmilkfunb posted...
If I may... the headset connects to the 360 via usb. The audio connects either through a headphone jack, line out, or if he gave you the "y" rca connecter hook it up directly to the 360. Then... take the chat cable (it may or may not have a puck attached to it) and plug that summagun into your controller. Make sure audio levels are turned up on the headset and audio source. Now you should be cooking with gas.

Alright, so I got the mic to work, and now I just need to figure out how to make the headset play in-game sound. Do I need an extension to be able to plug the audio jack in?

If you're using a newer tv, there should be an audio jack where you can directly plug the headset into.

Your setup has to pretty much be where you have your 360 right next to your tv on the correct side if you don't want to deal with extensions or whatnot

Ah, alright. Even if my TV has a headphone port, I don't feel like moving my 360 into an awkward spot just to be able to get in-game audio. I guess the upside to this is that it'll be even easier to hear voices, heh.

But yeah, no biggie. I have a good surround sound system, so I can hardly complain.
---
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64
#22tyr649Posted 12/28/2012 4:25:19 PM
Here is a link for the manual it has all the info needed to hook up the headset.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/files/428/
---
"Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable"
Voltaire
#23Spideymaster(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 4:38:44 PM
tyr649 posted...
Here is a link for the manual it has all the info needed to hook up the headset.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/files/428/

Thanks.

It looks like I will indeed need an extension for it to work properly, but again, no biggie.
---
"If you want a story line, go read a book. If you want graphics, watch a movie. If you want to have fun, play a game." MetaYoshi64