This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Heard Silent Hill Downpour is amazing

#11RatladPosted 12/28/2012 8:03:11 PM
I didn't even finish it. I got maybe halfway through and got too irritated with it. Even Homecoming wasmore fun than this one. Boring monsters, frustrating combat, and a less-than-compelling story added up to me finally ditching it. I know some people enjoyed it, but I wouldn't recommend it at all.
---
Currently playing: Dishonored; Batman: Arkham City; Borderlands 2; Tekken Tag 2
#12Dark_SpiretPosted 12/28/2012 8:12:30 PM
wouldnt call it AMAZING, but it is quite good.
#13Deathx113Posted 12/28/2012 8:13:11 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Deathx113 posted...
You heard right, well if your not one of 'those' people.

People expect to be terrified by these games, it isn't going to happen. There are so few games that can really 'scare you'.

If you play this game and just take in the story, I think you'll like it. It is one of my favorite silent hill games. The exploration is great, from figuring out secret areas to side quests that feature unique enemies/bosses. I feel as though so many people rushed through the game.

There is a lot to enjoy, best combat in any of the silent hills, no arguing there.

The enemies DO suck. But I've never played a silent hill with good enemies. They all kinda are just bleh.

If you can get it for about 20$ I'd say dive in. Amazing game.

The complaints for the game are not the scare factor, it's the quality of the game.

'the complaints'?

What are the complaints? The usual ones I see are 'It doesn't live up to the almighty SH2" etc etc.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#14Deathx113Posted 12/28/2012 8:15:23 PM
656stooge posted...
"People expect to be terrified by these games, it isn't going to happen. There are so few games that can really 'scare you'."

Please. SH1-4 still scare the crap out of me no matter how many times I beat them. Downpour just isn't scary. Not even close.

And I still find RE4 pretty scary.

Well, yeah, if your a scaredy cat.

My neighbor can't even play Dead Space without throwing the controller and just quitting, lol.

I'm not that brave in real life, but I usually laugh my ass off when I play the older silent hills. When I was 5, yeah they were creepy, now? They're so bad/unscarey they're funny. xD
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#15SunDevil77Posted 12/28/2012 8:20:27 PM
Deathx113 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Deathx113 posted...

People expect to be terrified by these games, it isn't going to happen. There are so few games that can really 'scare you'.

If you play this game and just take in the story, I think you'll like it. It is one of my favorite silent hill games. The exploration is great, from figuring out secret areas to side quests that feature unique enemies/bosses. I feel as though so many people rushed through the game.

There is a lot to enjoy, best combat in any of the silent hills, no arguing there.

The enemies DO suck. But I've never played a silent hill with good enemies. They all kinda are just bleh.

The complaints for the game are not the scare factor, it's the quality of the game.

'the complaints'?

What are the complaints? The usual ones I see are 'It doesn't live up to the almighty SH2" etc etc.

It's not a good game, pretty simple
It's not awful, but nothing makes it good.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#16Deathx113Posted 12/28/2012 8:22:24 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Deathx113 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Deathx113 posted...

'the complaints'?

It's not a good game, pretty simple
It's not awful, but nothing makes it good.

So just opinions? I thought it was amazing, for well, all the reasons I listed. Every Silent Hill is so damn linear. I could 100% them without a guide. (Besides maybe some of them key code things lol). At least Downpour wasn't the same ol' cookie cutter silent hill.
---
#17SunDevil77Posted 12/28/2012 8:25:17 PM(edited)
General consensus=/=opinions
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#18Deathx113Posted 12/28/2012 8:50:08 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
General consensus=/=opinions

Actually, they do.

A general consensus is just a collection of peoples opinions lol. It is just 1 big opinion. xD
Doesn't mean it is true in the slightest.
---