This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kane and Lynch is pretty good. Not sure about the hate

#1hellbringherPosted 12/28/2012 7:15:05 PM
Seems odd.
---
Regular Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adventure Time
#2smurfsn1p3rPosted 1/1/2013 6:03:17 AM
It is pretty good, but the multiplayer died off pretty quickly. The controls felt a bit awkward, but i enjoyed it a lot.
---
Atlanta Falcons 13-3
2012 NFC South Champs and NFC #1 SEED. RISE UP!
#3Vivi0198Posted 1/1/2013 8:29:00 AM(edited)
It had a good story and characters but the gameplay is pretty terrible.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#4Killah PriestPosted 1/1/2013 8:30:52 AM
I loved both games.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#5bossk5Posted 1/1/2013 8:31:49 AM
I loved both games TBQH.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#6darkharePosted 1/1/2013 9:18:03 AM
the graphics in the second one were really freaking great, both are fun for co-op.
---
i thought i ate 'em all, but i looked down and saw another one!!!
#7summerclawPosted 1/1/2013 9:25:09 AM
I love the style of the second one. And the characters look really good, I only know that the first game is really bad and some gamespot drama.
---
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.
#8Dragon NexusPosted 1/1/2013 11:19:13 AM
I remember seeing previews of K&L and thinking it looked and sounded a lot more serious, gritty and deep than it ended up being.

The description of the characters hinted at some truely interesting character dynamic between the two diametrically opposed personalities. The situations they would get into sounded like some fun capers Oceans 11 style, perhaps. the designs of the characters seemed interesting too.
http://cdn3.spong.com/wallpaper/k/a/kanelynchd237748l/_-Kane-Lynch-Xbox-360-_.jpg
I mean, they both looked pretty unique at the time. This was the first image I saw of the two and it wowed me. So dark and visceral, so gritty and serious looking. It had pretentions in my mind of being something like a Tarrentino movie made into a game with the well paced action, story and drama his movies bring.

And then it came out and it was just some third person shooter loaded with jeuvanile swearing and an uninteresting story and boring gameplay mechanics that did nothing we hadn't already seen before.

And the sequel was even worse, flashing a pointless camera effect gimmick (seriously, who were we meant to believe was following these two guys around with a hand held camera?) and a woeful campaign that lasted about 4 hours and told an abhorently bad story that didn't so much end as stop.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#9natevinesPosted 1/1/2013 11:22:38 AM
Eh, I thought the gunplay was pretty crappy. I really wish they had made a Freedom Fighters 2
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#10StarGoyPosted 1/1/2013 12:28:28 PM(edited)
Aesthetically attractive, but hollow and contrived. The series has so much potential, and yet they insist on deviating as far away from that potential as possible.

Hollow, weak-sounding weapons.
Irregular, inaccurate, glitchy hit-detection.
Choppy, crude animation.
Bland graphical style (could be forgiven).
First game, nonsensical locations.
Second game, samey locations, overly short.
First game, good premise, angsty script.
Second game, good script, hollow premise.

The first game shouldn't've left the city so soon; it was perfect. The characters and location were made for each other. In fact, I repeatedly played and enjoyed the initial portion of the game, almost angry that they couldn't finish what they started.

Like a pubescent boy with a MILF, it's almost as if the franchise's story is too much for IO's team to handle. They had this hot woman in front them, but didn't know how to use their peepee. It needs a better developer.