This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Halo 4 is now the graphics king of this console generation?

#1CGB_SpenderPosted 12/28/2012 8:26:35 PM
I keep seeing it winning best graphics of the year and this late in the gen graphics should be near their peak for each console. What is impressive is it's even beating out PC games for the award. Just goes to show you what a beast the Xbox 360 can be when taken advantage of by first party developers.
---
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2210/4016647774_8f8d4e0212.jpg
#2faris_ruhiPosted 12/28/2012 8:52:29 PM
Nope. But it is up there.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#3KOTRwhoopsPosted 12/28/2012 8:54:26 PM
It looks good, but no.
---
PLAYING - Far Cry 3 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#4ROFLdPosted 12/28/2012 8:56:45 PM
It is amazing graphically, but what's more amazing is what Halo 4 achieves technically that other graphical powerhouses don't. Halo has always been massive and sandbox-ish while still never having framerate issues, and now 343 achieved all this with beautiful graphics on a 7-yr old console. Bravo, 343.
---
Craw so hard mother****ers wanna fry me... that fish cray
#52DshmuploverPosted 12/28/2012 9:18:09 PM
ROFLd posted...
It is amazing graphically, but what's more amazing is what Halo 4 achieves technically that other graphical powerhouses don't. Halo has always been massive and sandbox-ish while still never having framerate issues, and now 343 achieved all this with beautiful graphics on a 7-yr old console. Bravo, 343.

Exactly, Halo games this gen have always been impressive, while maybe not possessing the greatest eye candy for an FPS due to it's sub-HD presentation, average character models and some dodgy frame rates (at least in Reach), the technical accomplishments that Bungie made are still among the most impressive this gen in terms of it's lighting model, open ended environments and the high level, dynamic enemy AI.

343i have somehow managed to envelope an incredible looking game with high detailed textures, reworked lighting, character models etc around this core technical structure and render it at a rock solid 30 fps in native 720p.

I've played some amazing looking games this gen like God Of War III, Uncharted series, The Witcher 2, Bayonetta, Alan Wake, but for me Halo 4 is the most impressive game this gen both on a visual and technical level.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#6velvet_hammerPosted 12/28/2012 9:25:10 PM
LMFAO NO
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#7TheArcadePosted 12/28/2012 9:31:58 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#8abnergoinbigPosted 12/28/2012 9:34:43 PM
No. THE LAST OF US.
#9abnergoinbigPosted 12/28/2012 9:35:34 PM
2Dshmuplover posted...
ROFLd posted...

Exactly, Halo games this gen have always been impressive, while maybe not possessing the greatest eye candy for an FPS due to it's sub-HD presentation, average character models and some dodgy frame rates (at least in Reach), the technical accomplishments that Bungie made are still among the most impressive this gen in terms of it's lighting model, open ended environments and the high level, dynamic enemy AI.

343i have somehow managed to envelope an incredible looking game with high detailed textures, reworked lighting, character models etc around this core technical structure and render it at a rock solid 30 fps in native 720p.

I've played some amazing looking games this gen like God Of War III, Uncharted series, The Witcher 2, Bayonetta, Alan Wake, but for me Halo 4 is the most impressive game this gen both on a visual and technical level.

i agree but man i hate the explosions in HALO 4. They look so bad.
#10CyricsServantPosted 12/28/2012 9:38:03 PM
I've only seen videos, but it doesn't look that good, imo.

I'd give the graphics crown for this year to Asura's Wrath.