This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.
Master of Gnomes, Keeper of Secrets
Fluttershy's #1 Fan
blood(or anything that blurs your vision) on the screen when you take damage, because when something is trying to kill me I like to be able to see it and react to it.
Games where there are no animations when getting attacked. I.E., in some JRPG's when your player attacks the enemy, it just sits there and shows no sign that it just took 53 damage from a sword to the face, other than a number popping out of them showing how much damage you dealt. This is why I hate PvP MMO's, because the other character shows no indication of what happened.
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth Message me via PSN Xbox live or i will ignore the request
3DS: 0817-4248-5560 PM me your FC if you add me
Since so many people have said unskippable cutscenes, I won't just repeat that, but will add a variant: unpausable cutscenes. This is effectively the game saying that it's more important than whatever you're doing.
Other annoyances include:
- dog-like enemies in FPS games. By this I mean an enemy type that is low to the ground, typically quite fast, whose AI is simply to run at you at do some kind of melee attack, and usually come in packs. They're such a boring enemy type. Bonus points for being annoying if they somehow explode after dying.
- limited saves. Again, this is the game claiming precedence over whatever is happening in real life. There is no excuse for a game making you look for a while for a save point, or, even worse, give you a limited amount of saves tied to items or whatever.
- Turret guns that signify the arrival of a wave of enemies of a size that can only be defeated through the use of the turret gun. Again, this is boring and overplayed. Bonus cliché points if, to get to the turret gun, I had to first kill its previous enemy occupant.
- Dying because somebody else died. If the person I was escorting was stupid enough to get killed, then the game needs to get over it and move on rather than throwing a game over at me. Either the developer needs to figure out how to continue the game once the escortee is dead, or else they need to make them invincible, or just exclude that entire part from the game.
- Ridiculous rubber-banding in racing games. I really don't mind this so much at low or moderate levels. It raises the challenge while simultaneously meaning that a crash isn't the end of the world. As long as the effect is restricted to opponent cars (and not my car, because lap times shouldn't be dependent on this), I am generally okay with cars being slightly faster if they're behind. I am not okay with games that will make opponents as fast as me (or faster) no matter what I do.
Clothes on girls...
Xbox Live - VISION ONLINE
Make sure to check out my youtube page for the latest music http://www.youtube.com/streetdeciplezonline
Super Creatures posted...
flagg2kplus posted...Automatic single save files(as in I cant have 2 or more games at once. If my sister wants to play, she has to overwrite my save file).
Yeah but I think he means games like pokemon. Darn no 2 profile bullcrap. -__-
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
Excessive screen shake
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
Thrown in multiplayer implemented in usually single-player games just so that they can say their game has MP.
I just hate it when a good single-player game gets multi-player, because the campaigns always suffer because of it...usually equating to a short campaign.
I get why games like Call of Duty have multi-player...but there is no reason for games like Tomb Raider, Bioshock, Resident Evil, & etc need multi-player.
- Escort missions
- Sewer missions
- Instant fail moments that come out of nowhere
- Long time between checkpoints
- Long, unskippable cutscenes right before hard sections or instant fail moments that come out of nowhere
- Achievements that take the entire game to get but don't indicate if you've messed them up
- Games shipping with tons of obvious and glaring glitches
- DLC that feels ripped from the game
- Anything that gets on the camera or in any way interrupts my vision of the game
- Crap MP only there to make the game look more attractive
youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new
QTEs. I understand the goal, but when done poorly (as more often than not) they detract from actually seeing what's happening when you're just focused on getting the sequence correct. I feel RE4 and Shenmue did them great, for reference. On the other hand, Uncharted has shown me you can do awesome scripted events and still have me actually play them out (sometimes with wild card factors).
On screen blood for health. I don't mind regenerating health. I like the lack of HUD. Just find a new way aside from blood smearing my screen.
Unskippable cut scenes.
Lack of custom controls. This is just silly.
Sandbox games for the sake of sandbox. Linear, scripted sequences can be fun, too, and are sometimes preferable if your world is going to be lifeless and dull.
I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee
Add user to Ignore List after reporting