This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Common implementations you hate that are in video games

#31TantrumBullPosted 12/29/2012 11:45:50 AM
I hate games where enemies have a 100% perfect aim with weapons like guns, grenades and arrows and can hit you from anywhere in the area while the player has to in some cases struggle to aim at the enemies in order to hit them.

I also don't like it when enemies just know where your exact position is even when you move to another spot while hiding behind something. the whole point of hiding is to give yourself an advantage over enemies so you can stay alive but that does no good if the enemies are programmed to just know where you are at all times once the fighting starts.
---
For what ever reason G_gglypuff completely forgot Ninja Gaiden Black is an Xbox game even though I told him it is and even told him I have it. >_<
#32shawnmckPosted 12/29/2012 11:53:41 AM(edited)
^ Oh how I hate that too.
I've played so many games that are guilty of this that it is so annoying and is a pet peeve of mine.
You try sneaking in but as soon as you reach a specific area ALL the enemies are alerted to your position (even if a mile away) and are all crack shots (even with a pistol).
So you take cover and as soon as you peek out for a split second you are are hit with a dozen shots by all the enemies who could shoot a dime out of the air.

I've even played some games where you can shoot out all the lights and be in total blackness, but somehow the enemies know exactly where you are, despite them not having any type of night-vision.

I don't know if this is just the Developers lazily trying to raise difficulty or simply incompetence when it comes to programming enemy ai...but it is F'n annoying.
#33EoinPosted 12/29/2012 12:15:52 PM
- Getting knocked out of some kind of aiming mode because I got hit. I don't care that I got hit. I was aiming. I want to still be aiming. I especially do not want my aim to have been moved to a random nearby point. Any developer that attempts to use the excuse that getting shot would knock you out of aiming because that's "realistic" should be forced to undergo a lesson in why not all games mechanics have to be realistic all the time, starting by having to complete Desert Bus.

Perfect Light posted...
- Sewer missions

So very much.

I stopped playing Crysis 2 the moment that it became clear that sewers would shortly be involved. The make a game in a huge city full of landmarks and interesting places and somehow managed to reach the point where the best area they could possibly think of was a sewer?
#34BlueJester007Posted 12/29/2012 12:41:47 PM
-QTEs
-No New Game Plus Mode
-Killing off the main character at the end of the story
---
Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can f*** off.
#35Dr Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 1:59:01 PM
A lot of good ones. I agree with most of them.

I hate QTEs, limited saves, and cutscenes where you can't pause or skip as well.

I also hate the one someone said where if you save a game, instead of starting you at the spot where you saved, it reverts you back to a safehouse or the beginning of a checkpoint which is actually like 10 minutes before.
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: RE6, Forza Horizon, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, Xenoblade Chronicles