This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 720 backwards compatible?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox 720 backwards compatible?
3 years ago#1
I keep hearing it's not going to be backwards compatible, I ended up buying a new Xbox 360 on black Friday as a back up. But what have you guys heard about it?
3 years ago#2
according to leaks of unverified veracity from a few months ago, it will have backwards compatibility with xbox 360 games

the leaks were supposedly from a 2 year old manual though; even if they happen to be legit, plans could change or whatever

personally i'll be really pissed if it doesn't have backwards compatibility considering the high failure rate of xbox 360s (at least the old ones). i don't want to have to rebuy an obsolete console just to play my old library
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
3 years ago#3
I feel that way also but will it be mostly software based? Because half the backwards compatible games that worked on the 360 had glitches and slowdowns.
3 years ago#4
As long as they don't switch who they are getting their GPU from, it should have very few problems with BC.
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
3 years ago#5
SexPantherPanda posted...
I keep hearing it's not going to be backwards compatible

They haven't even officially announced the console, let alone what features it will and won't have.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
3 years ago#6
No backwards compatibility no buy , **** Microsoft .
3 years ago#7
The only thing I'd demand be backwards compatable are arcade games.
360 BC would be great as well, but I still have a console for those for now. I'd be really annoyed if my downloaded stuff wasn't usable any more.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
3 years ago#8
Xboxnext will be 100% backwards compatible including every XBLA game.
I stake my word on it.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
3 years ago#9
Who knows, MS probably has a bigger intererest in re-releasing those games, at a higher resolution. Like the "HD remakes" of today
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
3 years ago#10
why do backwards compatibility when they can just charge you guys for HD remakes?
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox 720 backwards compatible?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived