This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN Article: Games we stopped playing in 2012

#1tokenblackguy23Posted 12/29/2012 5:02:14 AM
Now normally I don't agree with IGN but honestly they are spot on regarding sleeping dogs. Its a slow drawn out tedious process that I am beyond bored with. Saints Row although similar to GTA curves its own lane while Sleeping Dogs is a chinese equivalent with nothing new. The combat is at best clunky and repetitive and the gameplay is just boring. Do you have any games that you quit in 2012? Why?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/27/the-games-we-stopped-playing-in-2012
---
Baltimore Ravens!!!!!
#2grizzmoePosted 12/29/2012 5:09:07 AM
i knew sleeping dogs was mediocre from the jump, not good enough to be in the true crime series, made by the people that make final fantasy with all the charecters oriental, ehh i'll stick with GTA
#3vashtrichamPosted 12/29/2012 6:11:16 AM
Quote:i knew sleeping dogs was mediocre from the jump, not good enough to be in the true crime series, made by the people that make final fantasy with all the charecters oriental, ehh i'll stick with GTA
@grizzmoe
It was not made by the same teams that make FF
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#4GeistPosted 12/29/2012 6:20:45 AM
Ball in a cup on my end, damn string broke.
---
Currently playing : RDR
#5DieMyBridePosted 12/29/2012 6:47:15 AM(edited)
I kept on playing Sleeping Dogs till the end. Everything she finds wrong with I find were fun.

Not surprised with RE6 and AC3. I'm avoiding RE6, Played AC3 to the end and felt disappointed as well.

"I realized after about 10 hours that Assassinís Creed III is just as underwhelming as Assassinís Creed II was"

That quote I disagree completely with.

---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#6jsplisimPosted 12/29/2012 6:51:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7sethharris1191Posted 12/29/2012 6:56:49 AM
tokenblackguy23 posted...
Saints Row although similar to GTA <u>curves its own lane </u>while Sleeping Dogs is a chinese equivalent with nothing new. The combat is at best clunky and repetitive and the gameplay is just boring.

What the hell does this mean?
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 12/29/2012 6:56:51 AM
Meh, I liked Sleeping Dogs well enough, but in the end there's not 'enough' of it to make it a compelling sandbox to return to. Still a good time.

RE6 is the first RE that I didn't immediately restart after finishing it, and I haven't looked at it. Didn't hate it, but didn't especially like it, either.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#9RockguyKevPosted 12/29/2012 7:31:24 AM
Assassin's Creed 3 was a definite quit for me. I quit plenty of games before finishing them due to various reasons but AC3 was a conscious "Why the heck am I still playing this?" decision. Ugh, they ruined what had become one of my favorite franchises.

I also quit Walking Dead because it is broken and won't load episode 2...
#10DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 12/29/2012 7:35:02 AM
sethharris1191 posted...
tokenblackguy23 posted...
Saints Row although similar to GTA <u>curves its own lane </u>while Sleeping Dogs is a chinese equivalent with nothing new. The combat is at best clunky and repetitive and the gameplay is just boring.

What the hell does this mean?

I think maybe he typoed "carves its own lane".
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."