This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN Article: Games we stopped playing in 2012

#11En Sabah NurPosted 12/29/2012 8:00:50 AM
I have no interest in Last Story so I can't comment on that one (though it doesn't look too great anyway).

I do get the complaints about RE6. It isn't the worst game ever made but it is probably the worst RE (which is hard for me to admit after RE5) and it really tries to do too many things and doesn't do anything particularly well. There is more wrong with the game than I can describe here. I still have yet to finish it but I will, it isn't THAT bad where I won't play it again.

I don't understand the hate for Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders 2, and AC3. There is nothing wrong with their gameplay or anything more repetitive than any other free-roam games. This is not to say they may fall flat at parts or have their shares of issues, they do as all games do, but having some minor complaints about a game doesn't make it a bad one.

Colin Moriarty sounds especially moronic when talking about AC3 (yet he is the guy who LOVED Kingdoms of Amalur and gave it 9.0) due to his choice of wording. The gameplay is "terrible"? Compared to what? It's fine to dislike the game, but you have to provide good reasons when you're a publicly visible editor of a gaming site.

As for XCOM, it might just not be that guy's cup of tea, which is fine. I can understand what he's saying. It can be heavy when mistakes are so easy to make. Darkness 2 was also somewhat disappointing to me personally, but the gameplay as fun enough and the length of the game short enough that I could get through it with ease.

I must ask this though: What is with these guys saying "lol I have no time to play games!" meanwhile half of them are game reviewers?
---
Playing - Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, PSABR, Halo 4, Lego LOTR, Darksiders 2, Forza Horizon, Transformers FOC, DOA5, Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Resident Evil 6, MAA
#12CapnStankyPosted 12/29/2012 8:03:12 AM
Darksiders 2, Paper Mario, ZombiU, RE6, and Dragon's Dogturd..I mean Dogma.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#13Flatline05Posted 12/29/2012 8:28:59 AM(edited)
Agree with Sleeping Dogs, I've tried several times to start back up and just don't get it. Darksiders 2 I knew I wouldn't finish since I didn't finish the first, so I didn't bother with it. I did finish AC3 and moderately enjoyed it. Just got RE6 so I'll see how that goes. I got Xcom during Black Friday and while I liked the little bit I played, I didn't see myself sticking to it so I sold it. A couple of other games (may not be 2012 games) that I couldn't get into were Dead Island, Call of Juarez The Cartel, and Syndicate.

Oh and for other systems, I just can't seem to finish the God of War series on PS3, and I have no interest in going back into Guild Wars 2 with my lvl 20 something character.
---
GT: Rollinstone24, PSN: Rollinstone24
#14King_MadnessPosted 12/29/2012 11:19:07 AM
Sleeping Dogs was an absolutely phenomenal adventure.

**** IGN
---
MGiant-AYankees-VKnicksS
#15CGB_SpenderPosted 12/29/2012 11:33:37 AM
The Darkness 2 can be beaten in under 6 hours. No excuse to not return if he was enjoying the game.
---
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2210/4016647774_8f8d4e0212.jpg