This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever retroactively changed your GotY?

#1Halochief6Posted 12/29/2012 3:34:10 PM
Do you know what I mean? Obviously we're all not part of game companies who get paid to play nearly every game the year they come out and base our GotY on them all. Have you ever played a game after the year it came out and thought "this probably would've been my game of the year if I played it then instead of (fill in the blank)"?

For example: You played Gears of War 2 and thought that was your 2008 GotY. But then in 2010 you played Fallout 3 and you liked it more than Gears 2.

If you have, what game(s) was it and what game(s) did you change it to?
---
"Awesome. Can I play steam games on my 360? I assume I can since you posted that on the Xbox 360 board in a topic about XBL deals." - Vivi0198
#2Shy420Posted 12/29/2012 3:43:47 PM
This is the most bizarre concept to me. Game of the Year and have we retroactively changed it? If you ask me to day what my favorite 5 favorite games are I could give you them. If you ask me nexy week what my favorite games are the list would likely be different.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#3Halochief6(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 3:51:53 PM
Shy420 posted...
If you ask me to day what my favorite 5 favorite games are I could give you them. If you ask me nexy week what my favorite games are the list would likely be different.

I don't know that most people are this... uh... fickle.
---
"Awesome. Can I play steam games on my 360? I assume I can since you posted that on the Xbox 360 board in a topic about XBL deals." - Vivi0198
#4Arucard05Posted 12/29/2012 4:21:53 PM
I played Deus Ex 1, Psychonauts, and Resident Evil 4 for the first time last year. All of them are now among my favorite games of all time. So they would probably have been my GOTY if I played them at release.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#5Kingmichael1337Posted 12/29/2012 5:16:30 PM
tbh i don't keep track of my GotYs; i don't have like an official list where i write down what my favorite game for a particular year was
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#6Dragon NexusPosted 12/29/2012 5:57:27 PM
Xenoblade will always be my game of the year.
Every year.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#7Halochief6(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 6:18:16 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
tbh i don't keep track of my GotYs; i don't have like an official list where i write down what my favorite game for a particular year was

People actually do that?
---
#8Dragon NexusPosted 12/29/2012 6:22:41 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...

People actually do that?

Well clearly, otherwise how would we be able to contribute to your topic?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#9Halochief6(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 7:20:05 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Well clearly, otherwise how would we be able to contribute to your topic?

Off of recent memory. I mean if you remember your 1998 GotY that's great. But maybe something from last year? Or the year before, it shouldn't be that hard to just remember.
---
#10Perfect LightPosted 12/29/2012 8:22:20 PM
Yep. 2011's was Skyrim at one point until I replayed Deus Ex Human Revolution and played lethally. WAY more fun and much better than Skyrim.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new