This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone remind me why Walking Dead is GOTY again?

#1all_that_juicePosted 12/29/2012 7:42:49 PM
I bought it yesterday when it was on sale and finished it this afternoon. Don't get me wrong I thought it was a great weekend rental, but not much more than that. I just don't think a game that is finished in one or two sittings should be GOTY no matter how good it is. Sorry, that's just how I feel. It was interesting and I think I got my $10 worth, but I probably would have felt ripped off if I had spent $20 to $30 on it like most people did.

I think one of the reasons people like it so much is because it's so easy. I think people don't like games that are difficult. They don't like dying, having to go back and do stuff over again. TWD addresses this by making everything extremely easy so even a child can play it, and if you die you only need repeat a few seconds to a minute of gameplay at most.

When it won GOTY a few weeks back, I was one of the people who didn't play it but still complained. Now that I've played it, I take back some of the things I said. It wasn't a bad game. I still stand by what I said about it not being GOTY though. Care to tell me why I'm wrong? I forgot all your arguments from a few weeks back. I didn't have much of a leg to stand on anyway since I hadn't played it. Now that I played it I feel I can properly defend myself.
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#2mtjormitchPosted 12/29/2012 7:44:58 PM
all_that_juice posted...
I bought it yesterday when it was on sale and finished it this afternoon. Don't get me wrong I thought it was a great weekend rental, but not much more than that. I just don't think a game that is finished in one or two sittings should be GOTY no matter how good it is. Sorry, that's just how I feel. It was interesting and I think I got my $10 worth, but I probably would have felt ripped off if I had spent $20 to $30 on it like most people did.

I think one of the reasons people like it so much is because it's so easy. I think people don't like games that are difficult. They don't like dying, having to go back and do stuff over again. TWD addresses this by making everything extremely easy so even a child can play it, and if you die you only need repeat a few seconds to a minute of gameplay at most.

When it won GOTY a few weeks back, I was one of the people who didn't play it but still complained. Now that I've played it, I take back some of the things I said. It wasn't a bad game. I still stand by what I said about it not being GOTY though. Care to tell me why I'm wrong? I forgot all your arguments from a few weeks back. I didn't have much of a leg to stand on anyway since I hadn't played it. Now that I played it I feel I can properly defend myself.

Because a story based game is better than non story based games. Sorry man. but AC3, ME3 and many other games have crap stories and interesting gameplay... they just aren't good... at all.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#3glassghost0Posted 12/29/2012 7:45:17 PM
Super Cool Story
---
Signature OFF
#4flagg2kplusPosted 12/29/2012 7:46:01 PM
Because it was better than everything else released in the year 2012...
---
Making guns illegal will end gun violence right? They should make murder illegal too. No more murder. They should make rape illegal! No more rape! Drugs too...
#5clo24Posted 12/29/2012 7:46:25 PM
it only won GOTY on spike tv
---
http://i33.tinypic.com/28jfypz.jpg
#6glassghost0Posted 12/29/2012 7:46:27 PM
It won A game of the the award because it was better than any other game that came out this year
---
Signature OFF
#7glassghost0Posted 12/29/2012 7:47:08 PM
clo24 posted...
it only won GOTY on spike tv

No, it has won others
---
Signature OFF
#8RockguyKevPosted 12/29/2012 7:47:23 PM
I wanted to love it but then my freaking disc would never load episode 2. I can forgive a short experience with hardly any gameplay winning GOTY but I cannot forgive a buggy mess of a release winning it and that's what this game turned out to be.
#9bossk5Posted 12/29/2012 7:51:18 PM
"Sorry man. but AC3, ME3 and many other games have crap stories and interesting gameplay... they just aren't good... at all."

This f****** guy.....it never fails.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#10Perfect LightPosted 12/29/2012 7:53:21 PM
TC, Spike TV is not the authority on gaming. Their GOTY is no more important than any other outlet's GOTY.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes, learn something new