This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2012 Year In Review Topic! What games did you play in 2012?!

#11187mikePosted 12/31/2012 3:16:26 PM
Let's see

Far Cry 3 - 8.5/10
Halo 4 - 6/10
Mass Effect 3 - 9/10
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 10/10
Tetris Battle - 10/10
---
The word "gullible" is not in the dictionary. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself!
#12MySnakesSolidPosted 12/31/2012 4:12:04 PM
All games for 360, some games listed are not 2012 release, but are 2012 purchases for me. I'm only judging each game on the single player campaigns as well, seeing as all of my MP time was dedicated to Gears of War 3 all year. I did play SFxT for a couple of months but that game was a write off and FG fans will know what I mean. Also played a bit of CS: Global Offensive, but it's just not the same on console and I quit fiending for CS years ago!

Mass Effect 3 - 8/10 (good series but overrated imo)

BioShock 2 - 7.5/10 (good game, 10-15hr or so blast, not as good as the original in terms of story and feel, but gameplay wise just as good if not better)

Crysis 2 - 8/10 (very good campaign imo, especially on harder settings. You feel like an absolute beast, very good FPS game, handles as well as the best console FPS games out there)

LA Noire - 8/10 (very good game, different, clever and satisfying. I enjoyed this a hell of a lot)

Max Payne 3 - 8.5/10 (outstanding gameplay as expected from the series, a nice mix of levels, good story telling and even though bullet time is old, it's still fun in this game. Still need to revisit this on the hardest setting)

FIFA 13 - 7.5/10 (I only really play career mode, good game, standard FIFA not much else to say)

Halo 4 - 8/10 (feels great, I prefer it to Reach, not bothered about the storyline in the series tbh but as an FPS it's great. Good fun online as well imo)

Far Cry 3 - 9/10 (gotta be the best game i've played this year, it's outstanding. Better on PC no doubt but still great on 360)
#13Banana_ManaPosted 12/31/2012 5:01:05 PM
I'm not bored enough to type sentences about every single game that I've played this year, but I'm more than happy to discuss my stand out games.

So, without further ado:

Mass Effect 3 - A wonderful game, made only slightly annoying as a result of a sub-par (not that bad though, really) ending. Loved the story, missions, and well basically everything. 9/10 for me.

Borderlands 2 - Took everything I loved from Borderlands and made it better... Well, apart from upping the difficulty at times - that got a little annoying. 8/10.

Hitman: Absolution - Recently finished this and enjoyed every single second. Sure, it's no Blood Money but it is a darn good game. Loving contracts mode, and looking forward to playing again and going for silent assassin. 8/10.

Lollipop Chainsaw - This game came out of nowhere for me, bought it because it was cheap, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Fun, like a game should be. 7.5/10.

The Walking Dead - Cracking atmosphere, emotional storytelling, brilliant game. Loved it. Am planning a new run through soon! 9/10.

Honourable mention:

Dragon's Dogma - Just got this, but from what I've played so far I know I'm going to absolutely love it! Looks like an 8 or 9/10.

Also, this year has been the year of the arcade game for me, and there have been many many treasures!!! May post about those soon.
---
Current Specs: TV | Xbox | Controller | Pillow | Floor | Two Hands | Two Eyes | Tea-Making Facilities | Assorted Snacks.