This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Skyrim goty edition coming soon?

#11RycerXPosted 12/31/2012 5:06:10 PM
It took about a year and a half for Oblivion, I'd expect Skyrim GOTY this fall, maybe late summer at the earliest. That's assuming we only get one more expansion (or none at all). If we get two or three more pieces of DLC, it could get pushed into summer 2014, which seems a bit too late with the next generation of Xbox and Playstation right around the corner, they would do well to release by Q3 2013 while people are still interested.
#12Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 12/31/2012 6:50:32 PM
The PS3 version still hasn't even received any of the DLC, so it's going to be a quite a while.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#13OldDirtyCRPosted 12/31/2012 7:35:14 PM
Xx_King_Beef_xX posted...
The PS3 version still hasn't even received any of the DLC, so it's going to be a quite a while.

I don't think that has any bearing on whether a GOTY version of Skyrim is released. Obviously ps3 wouldn't get it, but 360/PC would.

They already stated that Dragonborn most likely will not be released for the ps3.
#14adonfrazPosted 12/31/2012 8:05:51 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...

I don't think that has any bearing on whether a GOTY version of Skyrim is released. Obviously ps3 wouldn't get it, but 360/PC would.

They already stated that Dragonborn most likely will not be released for the ps3.

No, Dawnguard is the DLC that may not be released.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/skyrim-dragonborn-dlc-hits-ps3-pc-in-early-2013-6400943
---
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip Bayless
Xbox GT: Loyal Catalyst
#15flagg2kplusPosted 12/31/2012 9:25:11 PM
Who said there was going to be one?
---
Making guns illegal will end gun violence right? They should make murder illegal too. No more murder. They should make rape illegal! No more rape! Drugs too...
#16WinternovaPosted 12/31/2012 9:28:30 PM
I'd love to see Bethesda NOT release one, just to f*** with the idiots who are waiting for it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#17OldDirtyCRPosted 1/1/2013 5:21:47 PM
adonfraz posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...

No, Dawnguard is the DLC that may not be released.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/skyrim-dragonborn-dlc-hits-ps3-pc-in-early-2013-6400943

My bad. I had the two names mixed up.
#18BeastLeeAdamsPosted 1/1/2013 5:31:47 PM
I'd say as a next gen launch title, with upgraded graphics( I wish), and all the DLC(probably one more small one and one more big one).
#19Arucard05Posted 1/1/2013 5:34:09 PM
I'd love to see Bethesda NOT release one, just to f*** with the idiots who are waiting for it.

Why is waiting for one such a silly idea? GOTY editions have become sort of a thing this gen, and it's a wise decision for consumers looking for a great deal.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retrouletteā„¢.
#20OldDirtyCRPosted 1/1/2013 6:26:17 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
I'd say as a next gen launch title, with upgraded graphics( I wish), and all the DLC(probably one more small one and one more big one).

Honestly It would just be the HD DLC built in.