This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst game of 2012?

#1Deathx113Posted 12/31/2012 4:37:21 PM
What was the worst game for you 2012. Not necessarily the one you hated the most, just the one that was meh to you.

For me it was probably Dishonored. Good game but it just never held my attention. What about you?
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#2ironmaidenfan70Posted 12/31/2012 4:38:13 PM
Re 6
---
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.
#3Slinky826Posted 12/31/2012 4:53:25 PM
For me, Borderlands 2. Played it through twice with Maya and did the big boss. Then didn't feel compelled to stick around for DLC. Just didn't hook me like the first game did. I was really looking forward to it too. It's just that parts of the game weren't fun, and I didn't find myself enjoying it like the first game. Bummed me out.
---
God did not create Man in his image, for it was Man who created God in his.
#4SunDevil77Posted 12/31/2012 4:54:24 PM
Hands down easily street fighter x tekken.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#5bossk5Posted 12/31/2012 4:56:33 PM
Was Shadows of the Damned this year?
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#6glyde69Posted 12/31/2012 4:57:41 PM
Max Payne 3 for me.

Now I understand that theres worse games out there. But man, I put in a couple hours and retired it. Just felt like I was playing a game from 2000 with pretty graphics. So boring.

I kinda agree with you about Dishonored too. I realize it was a solid game with excellent presentation that did a lot of things right, and I think it was the games open ended "play as you want" mentality that turned me off more than anything as it was a really cool game in a lot of ways. But like the ever increasing amount of games coming lately that are so "non linear" and allow you to play in many different ways, I find myself getting past a certain objective. Then realizing there were three other ways to get past it, so I want to go back and try it a different way. And a different way. Then I second guess myself on how I played it, and load up my save and try again in a different style. Then I wonder "what would happen if I didnt diss or kill X character." Sometimes I just want to play a game the way the developers meant to in a linear fashion and experience the same thing everyone else does.

As a dedicated gamer for 25 plus years, games like Oblivion Ive been WAITING for my whole life....and now that they are here, I increasingly look for simplicity like in something from Mark of the Ninja. Go from point A to point B. Case closed. Sure there's little things to make each run unique, but at the end of the day, there is rhyme or reason and "linear-ity" to the game rather than every game being this giant SIDE QUEST to play as I wish. Like I said, ON PAPER, games like Oblivion or Fallout or Dishonored are everything I've been waiting for in gaming since the NES days, but now that these massive games that allow you complete freedom are here, I am increasingly turning towards more games that are traditional and linear(to a point).

Idk. I'm high as a kite right now and not sure I'm relaying my point as clear as I want.
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#7glyde69Posted 12/31/2012 4:58:57 PM
bossk5 posted...

Oh man, I finally got around to Shadows of the Damned this summer and it blew me away. I loved it!
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#8bossk5Posted 12/31/2012 5:02:46 PM(edited)
glyde69 posted...
bossk5 posted...

Oh man, I finally got around to Shadows of the Damned this summer and it blew me away. I loved it!

Seriously? I guess the poo jokes put me off...I couldn't f****** stand it. That weird for the sale of weird s*** it wearing thin to me.

Moot point anyway because I just checked...it was 2011
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#9Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 6:20:32 PM
glyde69 posted...
bossk5 posted...

I too loved that game. xD

Maybe it was just because it was so unique, lol.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#10JDGFootman1234Posted 12/31/2012 6:23:07 PM
I played The Amazing Spiderman for about an hour before I apologized to my disc tray for putting such filth in it. Then promptly returned the game to the nearest redbox.
---
I suppose you could never explain to the most ingenious mollusk that such a creature as a whale existed-Emerson