This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are FPS games that bad?

#1Lightning_fanPosted 1/1/2013 7:37:18 AM
I do not get why people mock it so much? I am not a fan of FPS games but according to some it is a degenerate genre full of immaturity.

I never saw such dismissals of a genre occur to RPGs or platformers.
#2bossk5Posted 1/1/2013 7:40:03 AM
Lightning_fan posted...
I do not get why people mock it so much? I am not a fan of FPS games but according to some it is a degenerate genre full of immaturity.

I never saw such dismissals of a genre occur to RPGs or platformers.

It's a very popular genre...so it gets a lot of hate. Especially on HipsterFaqs
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#3AsucaHayashiPosted 1/1/2013 7:41:25 AM
the real hate didn't start until it became the "it" genre on console.

it was actually a beloved genre that strived before that on its parent platform.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#4dcn2424Posted 1/1/2013 8:01:20 AM
It's a popular genre, but I don't like it.

FPS also make me dizzy and gives me headaches because of the moving camera
#5Massiv3_CrabsPosted 1/1/2013 8:01:36 AM
When did it take a turn for the worst? Pretty much when the 360 launched. All the FPS on the 360 were faster, twitch trigger shooters, and less tactics. They ruined GHOST RECON with the gimmicky GRAW. Then they released Rainbow Six Vegas which was nothing but team death match with a cover system. COD 4 finally solidified the fast twitch FPS genre, opening the flood gates for kids, and super casuals to join in.

Before that we had the SLOW but TACTICAL Rainbow Six games, SLOW SLOW but TACTICAL Classing Ghost Recon, SLOW and other slow shooters on the xbox which made Ubisoft/Tom Classy games the best sellers on the original Xbox.

Of course people who only owned an PS2 wont remember any of this awesomeness because the PS2 was a inferior console with gimped versions of Tom Clancy Games. All they remember is the quick twitch SOCOM series which could not hold Tom Clancy's jock strap back in the day.

We need a return to SLOW but TACTICAL games.
---
Shaq, the mighty conqueror razes the fields of his adversaries. His eyes tormenting the unlawful, and calming the innocent. He is The Enforcer of Justice