This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Angry Joe's Top 10 Gaming Controversies of 2012

#11DiamondCutterV2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 9:23:47 AM
The two controversies that made zero sense to me were the Tomb Raider one and the Bayonetta one. Also I hate Geoff Keighley even more now.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKekcHMiVVg "Your gonna feel the bang!"-DDP
#12Deathx113Posted 1/1/2013 9:26:52 AM
I enjoy some of his skits, get to see some gameplay. xD
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#13SunDevil77Posted 1/1/2013 9:27:57 AM
Ugh I hate him so much, his voice makes children cry.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#14glassghost0Posted 1/1/2013 9:30:25 AM
10-Hitman and Tomb Raider Marketing Controversies
9-Diablo 3 launch/Error 37
8-The War Z launch on Steam
7-Bayonneta 2 Wii-U exclusive
6-Capcom DLC
5-38 Studios
4-Sega Copyright Claims
3-Geoff Keighly, Journalism, Doritos/Mountain Dew and Halo 4
2-Mass Effect 3's Ending
1-Arma 3 Developer Imprisonment
---
Signature OFF
#15SoulRegaliaPosted 1/1/2013 9:59:21 AM(edited)
I unsubbed because it was becoming clear he and I had different taste in games. He overall reviewed games way too hard IMO. If I were to have taken his advice I would've passed on some of last years best games.

---
#16melvin343Posted 1/1/2013 10:08:29 AM
SoulRegalia posted...
I unsubbed because it was becoming clear he and I had different taste in games. He overall reviewed games way too hard IMO. If I were to have taken his advice I would've passed on some of last years best games.

---

Not all of his games review are bad in fact, he saves me from not buying Fable 2, Duke Nukem Forever, [for a good reason] and Lollipop Chainsaw. When it comes to AJ reviews he does show some clips to back-up his claim but your right about one thing, he does have a certain taste in games, I usually look at other game reviews and AJ is my last stop before I go buy.
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#17SoincMetalPosted 1/1/2013 10:49:28 AM
Lollipop Chainsaws a good game, Plus he did a SCV review that was spot on. Play it for the fighting not story.....which you should be doing in that type of genre anyway, The story is just a plus,
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#18OdahviingPosted 1/1/2013 10:52:17 AM
His reviews almost always have spoilers in them
#19Dragon NexusPosted 1/1/2013 10:58:16 AM
He is one of the many AVGN clones

I don't think he's an AVGN clone any more than Call of Duty is a Doom clone.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#20majinbuu58Posted 1/1/2013 11:01:07 AM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
majinbuu58 posted...
I don't want to watch because I can't even think of 3 actual controversies. I'm not interested in people making a big deal over nothing.

Some of them were pretty legit, like the D3 and WarZ launch problems and dev drama. I didn't have time to watch the rest yet. I just find the "nerd gets angry and screams at youtube" thing to be really damn irritating.

FFTHEWINNER posted...
majinbuu58 posted...
I don't want to watch because I can't even think of 3 actual controversies. I'm not interested in people making a big deal over nothing.

i can only think of the "ME3 Ending". What are the other two?

WarZ was the only TRUE controversy this year. I only include the ME3 ending as so many people complained about it. Personally, I enjoyed the ending.

D3 had huge problems for the first few hours but that's not really a controversy. People shouldn't have taken time off work/school just to stay up late and play a video game right when servers launch. They were fine in the morning -.-