This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Angry Joe's Top 10 Gaming Controversies of 2012

#21shawnmckPosted 1/1/2013 11:13:04 AM(edited)
DiamondCutterV2 posted...
The two controversies that made zero sense to me were the Tomb Raider one and the Bayonetta one. Also I hate Geoff Keighley even more now.

^ Same here.

The Tomb Raider controversy was way over-blown, and Bayonetta 2 would not have even been made if Nintendo did not offer to pay the Devs to make it.
So without Nintendo, there would be no Baynotta 2 period.
It's like people expect Developers to just go into debt to make games that a small minority of gamers like.....its a business, and if they can't make any money then they won't bother.

And I never really cared for Geoff Keighly and never understood why he is so popular....and I now consider him a complete pseudo journalist (phony).
Jeff Gertsman was a much better journalist, imho.
#22SoincMetalPosted 1/1/2013 11:15:08 AM
From looking at it it seems like they didn't want the "loveable" Lara Croft well all know gettin raped.....Case in point. Second Why would you have a game the Didn't release on the Wii, but was highly praised on 360, PS3 that had potential to be GOTY. Get released on a console that is against violence most of the time.........Still shocked their getting it. She still strips right?
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#23KtuluheroIIPosted 1/1/2013 11:18:39 AM
Get released on a console that is against violence most of the time

Do people really believe this?
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/MIimZ.jpg?1
#24deimos91Posted 1/1/2013 11:42:20 AM
What do people on here have against Joe?

his opinions are bad
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#25deimos91Posted 1/1/2013 11:50:23 AM
SoulRegalia posted...
I unsubbed because it was becoming clear he and I had different taste in games. He overall reviewed games way too hard IMO. If I were to have taken his advice I would've passed on some of last years best games.

---

he complains to just complain and or join a hate bandwagon
---
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2 GHZ|Radeon 4650 512MB|2 GB DDR2 ram/steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#26deimos91Posted 1/1/2013 11:53:43 AM
melvin343 posted...
SoulRegalia posted...
I unsubbed because it was becoming clear he and I had different taste in games. He overall reviewed games way too hard IMO. If I were to have taken his advice I would've passed on some of last years best games.

---

Not all of his games review are bad in fact, he saves me from not buying Fable 2, Duke Nukem Forever, [for a good reason] and Lollipop Chainsaw. When it comes to AJ reviews he does show some clips to back-up his claim but your right about one thing, he does have a certain taste in games, I usually look at other game reviews and AJ is my last stop before I go buy.

yeah and thats bad taste Duke nukem forever was slightly dated but very fun and overall great game fable 2 was awesome and superior to 3 or 1 you missed out skipping DNF due to a shameful troll
---
#27ILikesCheesePosted 1/1/2013 11:57:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54s_jyjMUxY

Are you Joe or his butt-buddy?

Cause no one gives a flying poop about "Angry Joe" or what he thinks except for a handful of prepube GameFAQS posters.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#28Deathx113Posted 1/1/2013 12:02:58 PM
Well, looking at the posts I can say without a doubt most of the angryjoe haters are on their own jolly bandwagon lol.

So much immaturity in 1 topic. xD
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#29Shy420Posted 1/1/2013 12:23:30 PM
It would be infinity more interesting if he was Exceedingly Polite Joe, the entire "angry gamer" gimmick is tired. It seems as though all gamers are angry so where's the humor in this guy getting all uppity?
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#30Dragon NexusPosted 1/1/2013 12:29:15 PM
Why would you have a game the Didn't release on the Wii, but was highly praised on 360, PS3 that had potential to be GOTY.

Because neither MS nor Sony wanted to stump up the cash to fund it since the original didn't sell well enough to justify it, in their eyes.

Sad, yes. annoying, definitely. But also very true. The original was niche at best with people preferring the brand name of Devil May Cry, despite the fact that Bayonetta is provably better.

you missed out skipping DNF due to a shameful troll

Er, no. The game is bad.
I don't care if you enjoyed it, that's completely irrelevent. Plenty of people enjoy bad games, and that's fine. It doesn't make the game good. Just like disliking a good game doesn't mean it sucks.

I wish people would learn to understand this.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln