This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Angry Joe's Top 10 Gaming Controversies of 2012

#31Deathx113Posted 1/1/2013 12:33:22 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
DiamondCutterV2 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54s_jyjMUxY

Are you Joe or his butt-buddy?

Cause no one gives a flying poop about "Angry Joe" or what he thinks except for a handful of prepube GameFAQS posters.

Are you a troll or an alts butt-buddy?

Cause no one gives a flying poop about 'your opinion' or what you think except for a handful of troll gfaqs posters.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#32AiuchiFanboiPosted 1/1/2013 1:02:08 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Why would you have a game the Didn't release on the Wii, but was highly praised on 360, PS3 that had potential to be GOTY.

Because neither MS nor Sony wanted to stump up the cash to fund it since the original didn't sell well enough to justify it, in their eyes.

Sad, yes. annoying, definitely. But also very true. The original was niche at best with people preferring the brand name of Devil May Cry, despite the fact that Bayonetta is provably better.

you missed out skipping DNF due to a shameful troll

Er, no. The game is bad.
I don't care if you enjoyed it, that's completely irrelevent. Plenty of people enjoy bad games, and that's fine. It doesn't make the game good. Just like disliking a good game doesn't mean it sucks.

I wish people would learn to understand this.

Makes no sense though. Bayonetta sold like 2 million copies. Dev cost were in the $6-8 million range. $25 - $30 x 2 mill = $50 - $60 million. Game made a ton of effing money for everyone that was a part of it. Bayonetta sold more then a few of all Sonys first party games that cost 3 - 4x more to develop. Now I know all the numbers are not exact, but the point remains. Bayonetta was more then a small niche title. It is a bonafide super successful IP that should have been gobbled up by MS or Sony.
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/ Psikyo till the day I die
#33zerooo0Posted 1/1/2013 1:14:04 PM
He was spot on about most of those. The only two I disagreed with was Tomb Raider, and the Hitman one. Other than that I think he was spot on.

Also I like Angry Joe videos. Which reminds me I need to subscribe to him.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#34Deathx113Posted 1/1/2013 1:17:09 PM
zerooo0 posted...
He was spot on about most of those. The only two I disagreed with was Tomb Raider, and the Hitman one. Other than that I think he was spot on.

Me and you may be the only 2 on this forum, lol.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#35urmiePosted 1/1/2013 1:38:13 PM
The whole "Doritos-gate" thing was interesting. The so-called gaming journalists, who swear they are hard-core gamers, are corrupt. Nothing more irritating than corporate butt-kissers.
---
Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt the one doing it.
#36RE2LeonSPosted 1/1/2013 1:44:54 PM
I liked him at first, but then noticed he got really annoying to listen to. He never really critiques games the way other people do. He'll find one annoying factor about a game and run with it for 20 minutes, but then give the game a 7/10.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#37RE2LeonSPosted 1/1/2013 1:47:39 PM
urmie posted...
The whole "Doritos-gate" thing was interesting. The so-called gaming journalists, who swear they are hard-core gamers, are corrupt. Nothing more irritating than corporate butt-kissers.

Oh, sorta like that idiot iJustine. The 'gamer girl' who can't play games for ****. I saw one video of her Dead Space 2 walkthrough and stopped watching when she's screaming 'HOW DO I RUN?!" when there's a huge blinking alert screen right in front of her stupid face telling her which button to press for running. She's all looks, no skill.
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#38Dragon NexusPosted 1/1/2013 1:48:11 PM
Makes no sense though. Bayonetta sold like 2 million copies. Dev cost were in the $6-8 million range. $25 - $30 x 2 mill = $50 - $60 million.

2 million over both platforms. 1.05 million on PS3 and 0.85 million on 360. Neither figure is worth buying exclusivity for by itself.
Plus your figures are rather simplistic, it's not a basic corelation of units multiplied by price since many units won't have been sold for the full $60 tag, since games like this always drop in price quickly, especially with slow sales. Not to mention the money that has to go back into funding the development and the wages, staff bonuses, marketting etc. It won't have made $50 million as profit, it might have made a fraction of that. It might not have even made $1 million in profit per console.

Bayonetta was more then a small niche title. It is a bonafide super successful IP that should have been gobbled up by MS or Sony.

I'm sorry but as much as I want to agree with you because I love the game, it is always going to be a niche title.
Less than a million purchases on the 360 compared to something like Halo 4's 6.44 million? Or the nearly 10 million Call of Duty sales?
What about something less popular. Assassin's Creed 1, usually considered tone of the worse games in the series, that broke 5 million on the 360 alone. Revelations, my personal least favourite, managed just shy of 4 million.
Hitman Absolution has sold 0.93 million on the 360 in just a couple of months compared to Bayonetta's 4 years.

So yeah, it's a very niche game, dude.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#39zerooo0Posted 1/1/2013 1:59:06 PM
Deathx113 posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Me and you may be the only 2 on this forum, lol.

Lol yea, but that's common on places like GFaqs. People like to hate on anything tat's popular.

Before people say I'm going against the haters. I am not. We all know it's true though.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#40SunDevil77Posted 1/1/2013 2:02:58 PM
The thing is, he's not popular. A lot of people despise angry joe. Hell, I hate him and I still watch his reviews every once in a while to see if they're any less awful.

I am never left feeling like I learned anything. I feel like his humor caters towards middle schoolers.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.