This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's your biggest dissapointment of 2012?

#1JdciPosted 1/1/2013 1:39:42 PM
Im not just talking games here, anything gamerelated.

For me, it was the big sites, and how awefull they have become.
It seems most of them are written by and for 12 year old's.
Looking at the biased articles, putting on random lies.
Reviews which tell more about the opinion of the reviewer, than the game itself.
It seems that they will do anything for pagehits.

Console wise , I was pleased, all systems had awesome games.
From Dark Souls. ME3 on Xbox.
Journey , UC3 on PS
Layton on 3DS.
MarioU on Wiiu
Skyward Sword on Wii
I don't have a Vita, but seems Persona 4 was a big hit there.

And those are just the big titles.

One huge dissapointment was the whole ME3 ending, Im not talking about the ending itself, but everything that came from it.
The absolute low point was the way that IGN reviewer, Colin Moriarty, was talking about gamers , and the people that complained about ME3.

He basically called them idiots who didn't "get" the ending.

So what are your letdowns from last year?
---
"Anyway, my favourite ball is my right one, as my left is still tender from my infamous waterslide incident :P" --Slartibartfast42
#2whiteboygenePosted 1/1/2013 1:43:39 PM
Even though I've adapted to it, and it's still a really fun game...

Hitman: Absolution. I don't like most of the story levels and the lack of a save system.

I've been pretty much okay with everything else I've bought/played this year.
---
Chairman of the Correct Opinion Board.
"Your still a psychopath Whiteboygene" -Offworlder1
#3SunDevil77Posted 1/1/2013 2:04:31 PM
Street Fighter X Tekken.
Never forget.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#4ktownslayer16Posted 1/1/2013 2:10:45 PM
Uncharted 3 and Skyward Sword were 2011 games
---
Times robnob has mentioned me in a post since December 10th: 13 and counting. Literally obsessed
#5DieMyBridePosted 1/1/2013 2:13:54 PM
Most games you mention are from 2011.

Anyway I enjoyed the ME3 ending I just didn't like the whole hoopla around it.

As far as disappointment it would be AC3. The story was bland and the first half of the game was a tutorial. Most of the side activities felt unnecessary.

That's the only one I have as far as anything I've played from this year.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#6CGB_SpenderPosted 1/1/2013 2:20:08 PM
Why do you only mention multiplats for 360 but exclusives for the other systems? Some are even 2011 games. Surely you didn't miss out on Xbox 360's awesome exclusive lineup with games like Halo 4, Forza Horizon, Spelunky, Fez, Dust: AET, The Witcher 2, Minecraft 360, Trials Evolution, Fable: The Journey, Dance Central 3, and so on?
---
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2210/4016647774_8f8d4e0212.jpg
#7bossk5Posted 1/1/2013 2:43:56 PM
No Monster Hunter for my Vita....and thinking Ragnarok Odyssey was going to compare.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#8pandoraorbPosted 1/1/2013 2:45:22 PM
Dishonored.

Blasphemy for some, but I couldn't get into it even though I beat it.
---
The Pandora's Box Trilogy--middle grade fantasy--BOOK THREE: FATE and REBIRTH out now!
#9CyricsServantPosted 1/1/2013 3:11:39 PM(edited)
CGB_Spender posted...
Why do you only mention multiplats for 360 but exclusives for the other systems? Some are even 2011 games. Surely you didn't miss out on Xbox 360's awesome exclusive lineup with games like Halo 4, Forza Horizon, Spelunky, Fez, Dust: AET, The Witcher 2, Minecraft 360, Trials Evolution, Fable: The Journey, Dance Central 3, and so on?

Because he was only providing an example and not an exhaustive list? Or perhaps he didn't play those games? Or perhaps he did but just wasn't blown away by any of them?

Anyway, for me my only two disappointments were:

1. Journey - Mostly because I had unrealistic expectations about what type of experience it would deliver. Its not even my favorite PSN exclusive of the year (The Unfinished Swan) . . . or even the runner up (Papo & Yo).

2. Mass Effect 3's ending. I really don't need to rehash all the things that are wrong with it, so to summarize gripes I'll just say I found the plot twist to be intellectually lazy and underwhelming, and the actual ending to be abrupt and poorly executed. I enjoyed DA2's ending more, and that was also a cluster **** (e.g. the mission A Dish Best Served Cold for mage supporters, the double boss fight regardless of who you sided with, etc.).

Most of the games I played this year were great surprises though. I wasn't expecting to like Asura's Wrath, Binary Domain, The Darkness 2, Silent Hill: Downpour, or Dragon's Dogma as much as I did. Great games, all of them. Spec Ops: The Line also took me by surprise . . . in a good way.
#10Pier81Posted 1/1/2013 3:20:43 PM
WWE '13.

A broken untested mess of a game, THQ completely screwed up everything good they did with WWE '12.

I'm happy that company is going under.
---
I am twice the man that you are and I have half the brain that you do.