This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think the next Xbox will be backwards compatible with ALL Xbox 360 games?

#1SolnotPosted 1/1/2013 3:13:00 PM
Or only a specific list of games, like how the Xbox 360 was only backwards compatible with a select number of original Xbox games?
#2knuckles352Posted 1/1/2013 3:13:53 PM
i hope it's backwards compatible with all. i want to be able to play all my games, dammit!
---
The gazette <3 Gaming since 1999. First game ever: Sonic the Hedgehog (Mega drive/Genesis) Favourite game: Sonic the hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive/Genesis)
#3AssassinDXPosted 1/1/2013 3:18:35 PM
It really should be, for one thing I'm far from done with this gen so I'll happily put off buying the next Xbox for several years if its not backwards compatible.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Assassin_D_X
NAMI-SWAAAAAN!!!
#4glassghost0Posted 1/1/2013 3:19:52 PM
All of them
---
Signature OFF
#5BJW1980Posted 1/1/2013 3:28:21 PM
It will play all 360 games, all Xbox originals, all PS1 and PS2 games, will tuck you into bed at night and make you breakfast in the morning.
#6Deathx113Posted 1/1/2013 3:29:46 PM
BJW1980 posted...
It will play all 360 games, all Xbox originals, all PS1 and PS2 games, will tuck you into bed at night and make you breakfast in the morning.

No bed time story? No deal, man.
---
Mods thinking: "Alright, well I'm going to delete this topic, but first let me delete as many of these posts as I can! HohoMwahahhaha!!"
#7richisdisturbedPosted 1/1/2013 3:32:52 PM
I can deal with no backwards compatibility as long as we see the difference in price - I'm not buying a new console solely for 360 games, I'll have my 360 for that.

If all XBLA titles aren't BC however, I'm out.
---
Gamertag - richisdisturbed
http://soundcloud.com/richisdisturbed
#8Super CreaturesPosted 1/1/2013 3:42:02 PM
Solnot posted...
like how the Xbox 360 was only backwards compatible with a select number of original Xbox games?

The fact that they are sticking with the same company for the GPU, instead of switching companies like they did with the 360 because Nvidia ****ed them over and they didn't want to keep getting ****ed over, should mean that if they do offer BC support, it should be closer to full BC support.

Of course, there could still be the rare game they can't get to work.

Also, a number of Xbox games aren't on the official BC list due to the fact that the Xbox had pressure-sensitive face buttons, while the 360 does not, meaning many games would not control properly and this could impact the ability to progress, or use game mechanics dependent on the pressure-sensitive buttons.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.