This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

the most scary horror game's you've ever played

#41Gwildor123Posted 1/2/2013 8:12:28 AM
Anyone said Home Alone yet?
---
Stelio, Stelio Kantos, Stelio
#42TwinmoldPosted 1/2/2013 8:12:32 AM
Amnesia is the only correct answer here.

Amnesia is not only not scary, but it's also not fun.

Fatal Frame 2 or Dead Space.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#43OmegaBladesPosted 1/2/2013 8:16:04 AM
I found Amnesia to be boring....

Anyway...
Resident Evil 1& 2 gave me a few good jumps
Fatal Frame 1
Silent Hill 1 & 3
D was scary back in the day, Enemy Zero gave me good jump or two.

Totally not in the horror genre but Puzzle Agent terrified me in a couple of spots.
That's about it.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#44nothingbeastPosted 1/2/2013 8:32:41 AM
Honestly, the scariest one i've ever played was "Clock Tower" on the Playstation.

Looking back at it, the graphics were laughable, and the jump-scares were cheap b-horror Haunted House fodder.

But back when it first came out it creeped me out enough to make me a little nervous walking after dark.

Silent Hill would be a VERY close second though.

One of my favorite features was how each gameplay was slightly different. For example... at one point you have to look at a painting. Sometimes Scissorman would burst out from it... other times he wouldn't. And nothing you did really affected that random encounter. But it was always tense wondering if I was about to run for my life or not, no matter how many times I played that game.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#45KyonshiPosted 1/2/2013 8:53:00 AM
You absolutely have to try the following game, and its surprising no one mentioned it yet:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
The first thing i have to point out is the spooky and nihilistic atmosphere, one of the best and intense atmosphere ever created. You wander in a desolate Chernobyl-affected zone, after a second incident in a dystopic, alternate reality, 21st century Ukraine. The inhuman and strange sounds and cries you hear while walking at night, the Pripyat area, along with Labs X18 and X16, the Red Forest; all of this can freak the **** out of ya so bad. Plus, is a really good FPS with tons of content and missions. I actually just finished it last night. Truly epic.

Also on my list:

Dead Space
I remember that whenever i installed myself to play Dead Space lights off, alone with headphones on, i would instantly get shivers during the few minutes, with adrenaline pumping up whenever i heard a stranger noise coming from the end of a corridor. God i loved this feeling. The music is awesome. Definitly one of the best horror and terror game i played in my life.

Dead Space 2 (Minor spoilers)
Well it picks up where Dead Space left me and carried me again into paranoia. The part of the kindergarten was particularly disturbing for me... Being sad and horrified at the same time by those babies and teens being turned out into something so f***ing disgusting. But the rest of the game is not to be taken lightly either...

Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3
There's so much that has been said on those games, its pretty easy to read on them and figure out why they are so scary.

The Suffering
What a great game, again. Another good horror FPS with a good story, actually. The monsters and so wicked and twisted. Lots of good scare moments.

Now i'd love to try Fatal Frame games and Amnesia: Dark Descent...
#46ex-s_temjinPosted 1/2/2013 8:54:31 AM
No mention of the Forbidden Siren series? Those are some freakyass games, man.
#47TeraPatrick2008Posted 1/2/2013 8:54:37 AM
Resident Evil 1 in 1996
#48Bleach313Posted 1/2/2013 8:58:41 AM
Silent Hill Homecoming

It was my first horror game so I didn't know what to expect. I was cautious throughout the whole game, and whenever something happened I was weary as heck. The actual game isn't that scary at all, it's only because it was my first horror game so I was dumbfounded.
---
Currently Playing: Persona 4 The Golden and Guild Wars 2
PSN ID: yooobooyj
#49Darkest_EvilPosted 1/2/2013 9:00:10 AM
First game ever to give me the creeps back in the 80s was

Ghost n Gobblins arcade.. was young at the time and seeing a game with stuff like that freaked me out. I look back now and don't see nothing scary but the cabinet and graphics back then were amazing.

Haunted House- atari 2600.. the stuff coming out of no where in the dark is scary with no lights on and volume loud. trust me

Friday the 13th on nes
Shadowgate on the nes
Tombs and treasures on nes

PSX- Resident evil 1 when the dog jumps through the window
-King's Field 1... the most amazing underated hell ride scare coaster ive ever played. A must!
-King's Field 2- Just as creepy as the first

PS2- King's Field Ancienct City- Sadly this is the last of the great thrill games... Still very haunting to play

Thats it for me
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#50NejiHyuga900Posted 1/2/2013 9:43:19 AM
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent (too bad I watched 5 playthroughs of the game before trying it myself. No longer scares me and I could speed run through the game on my first try)
- Slender: The Eight Pages (I downloaded every Slender Man game and this is the only one I played but once the full version of Slenderman's Shadow comes out, I will try it)
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900