This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

the most scary horror game's you've ever played

#91SandOnMyBootPosted 1/2/2013 4:19:50 PM
To rank the Silent Hills on scaryness, from most to least:
- SH 3
- SH 1
- SH 2
- SH 4
- all the others

Everything else, no particular order:
- the 4 Fatal Frame games
- Amnesia
- the 3 Forbidden Siren games
- Eternal Darkness

Resident Evil was never scary. All it ever did was suddenly make loud noises in your ear. That is not horror. They were fun to play, but never had a legitimate fear factor. If RE is considered "scary", then House of the Dead must be terrifying.
#92Spartangod777Posted 1/2/2013 4:30:20 PM
DOOM 3, even worse with the upgraded resolution and texturing in the BFG Edition. Oh god, no amount of Huggies can protect you from the ****storm this game was on your first time through.
---
Nothing important to say here.
#93wolfwingPosted 1/2/2013 4:48:25 PM
For me they are.

Silent hill 1 and 3 *two is not really scary for me as pscyhological*
fatal frames 1 and 2, not played the rest.
Alan Wake at times.
Eternal darkness
dead space

There is one game I want to play with the evil teddy bear alien or something, that is like the weaping angels, only moves if you blink, anyone know the game? Wanted to try it out but forgot about it.
---
Mithra 72 Paladin/36 Warrior Asura.
#94wolfwingPosted 1/2/2013 4:56:21 PM
Found it, I think I will check it out now, worth checking out.

http://www.scpcbgame.com/index.html
---
Mithra 72 Paladin/36 Warrior Asura.
#95Panic_at_discoPosted 1/2/2013 5:22:01 PM
Nightmare creatures ps1, Condemned 2
#96devlkorePosted 1/2/2013 8:26:32 PM
I still need to play Fatal Frame and Dead Space.

I'm curious, what's Fatal Frame like? I read it was a bit like Silent Hill?

Fatal Frame (Project Zero) is not really like SH in my opinion, but that's not a bad thing, they are both atmospheric and leave you feeling alone, but in very different ways.

I would recommend Project Zero 1 above 2, I thought the story was better and the lighting effects definitely are better (which adds to the atmosphere, I'm not a graphics snob). 2 has better combat, but that is secondary to the overall experience for me and the combat in 1 is in no way bad, they just improved it with the sequel.

Also, how the hell could I forget (and how no one has mentioned) The Thing? That game really captured paranoia in game form, the way your team mates freak out and don't trust each other then randomly one will "Thing out" and you have to take him down without getting everybody killed. I never actually completed it, but the large chunk I played was awesome.
---
Gamertag: Mad Mistress
[AH3:Weiss(kinda, I'm still new)] [BBCS:Robo-Friends] [MVC3:Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel] [WFC:Scout/Scientist] [SF4:LOL]
#97pauly_27Posted 1/2/2013 11:20:50 PM
The scariest thing I have played recently was the tutorial level from XCOM.

It was a shame that the tone wasn't carried on throughout the game.

Other games that gave me a few scares would be Parasite Eve, Condemned, Metro 2033 and that one level of F.E.A.R 3 with all the televisions - it just creeped me out for some reason.
---
I'm too old to troll. Any opinion I give or advice I might offer is genuine.