This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why aren't RPGs as popular on the 360 as the PS3?

#31Hi CPosted 1/3/2013 9:04:57 AM
Solnot posted...
What is it about the Xbox 360 that makes RPGs less popular on this system than others?

Because 360 is the American "dude bro" console and PS3 is the "weeaboo" console. Though "WRPG's" outsell on 360 more than PS3.
---
You'll be my John G.
#32SunDevil77Posted 1/3/2013 9:06:51 AM
Hi C posted...
Solnot posted...
What is it about the Xbox 360 that makes RPGs less popular on this system than others?

Because 360 is the American "dude bro" console and PS3 is the "weeaboo" console. Though "WRPG's" outsell on 360 more than PS3.

I really, really don't like you. PC Elitists really are the cancer of gaming.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#33ARsignal11Posted 1/3/2013 9:14:39 AM
darkhare posted...
jrpgs suck and have for a good long while, wrpgs are pretty good, and open gameplay up in a variety of different ways that werent possible or tried in jrpgs.

Xenoblade Chronicles would like to have a word with you.
#34devlkorePosted 1/3/2013 10:56:35 AM
the distinction there is in the title.

No it isn't. It says "RPGs".

I think its pretty obvious he meant jrpg's

Is it? Why? I'm not getting that vibe from the two lines TC has posted.

Seems like TC didn't put much effort into his trolling, but the inhabitants of this topic picked it up and ran with it anyway, adding depths that the TC didn't bother to put in.
Are we so bored we're actually trolling ourselves now?

Made me laugh so much XD

darkhare posted...
jrpgs suck and have for a good long while, wrpgs are pretty good, and open gameplay up in a variety of different ways that werent possible or tried in jrpgs.

Xenoblade Chronicles would like to have a word with you.

So true (and Resonance of Fate).
---
Gamertag: Mad Mistress
[AH3:Weiss(kinda, I'm still new)] [BBCS:Robo-Friends] [MVC3:Hulk/Akuma/Sentinel] [WFC:Scout/Scientist] [SF4:LOL]
#35NeonYoshi11Posted 1/4/2013 7:05:13 PM
Because they didn't make enough of them or at least enough good ones to gain the attention.

America likes RPG's...they just don't know it...( Pokemon )
#36rockyoumonkeysPosted 1/4/2013 8:00:28 PM
The X360 has better JRPGs than the PS3, and it can actually play WRPGs, which the PS3 can't.

So...I reject TC's premise.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton