This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Connecticut town collecting and destroying games

#1zerooo0Posted 1/2/2013 3:21:29 PM(edited)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/connecticut-town-collecting-and-destroying-games-6401982

Just facepalm. I mean it's like nobody looks on the back of the game, and says"OH, it's an M rated game for a reason, lets just buy it for our kids anyways"

I mean Facepalm people.

Edit: Yea as somebody pointed out. This isn't mandate. It's a group of people doing this.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#2MacBookAirPosted 1/2/2013 3:16:23 PM
That's the thing about society today. You could literally punch a parent with bronze knuckles while burning "THIS GAME IS INAPPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN AND ITS RATED M BECAUSE IT'S VIOLENT" and they still would return it a week later because they found out it was inappropriate and try to get the employee who sold it fired.

Luckily those kind of parents are close to being dead, and (hopefully) the newcomers and soon-to-be-parents will be smarter than that.

God a lot of parents are idiots. Thank god my mom isn't.
---
"Sweet Kitty, Sweet Kitty, send your topics unto me..." - Lord-Sheogorath
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 3:19:08 PM
MacBookAir posted...
That's the thing about society today. You could literally punch a parent with bronze knuckles while burning "THIS GAME IS INAPPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN AND ITS RATED M BECAUSE IT'S VIOLENT" and they still would return it a week later because they found out it was inappropriate and try to get the employee who sold it fired.

Luckily those kind of parents are close to being dead, and (hopefully) the newcomers and soon-to-be-parents will be smarter than that.

I didn't even play my first M game until I was 15 3yrs ago. Even then I only bought it with my parents, and I informed them about the game. I turned out well in fact.

And I agree parents are idiots.
---
#4TheArcadePosted 1/2/2013 3:19:14 PM
Wasn't Adam Lanza mature enough to play Call of Duty? Not that I blame COD for the shooting. But the real issue here is mental health and a need for better gun control laws..
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#5RycerXPosted 1/2/2013 3:19:43 PM
Just to clarify for anyone who doesn't read the article, this isn't by federal mandate. It's only a protest by a bunch of ordinary people. Granted, many of them are grieving, so I'll belay any harsh words.
#6RPGNinja123Posted 1/2/2013 3:20:10 PM
This is the kind of stupidity that allowed Obama to get elected for 2 terms. People are just ignorant and brainwashed.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop),
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#7LotrMorgothPosted 1/2/2013 3:22:00 PM
If that helps them feel better by all means. . .

I just hope that the coping skill will last them when unpreventable tragedies continue to occur and there isn't anything left to burn

Meanwhile I will continue to play violent video games and continue my education as a professional counselor
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#8MacBookAirPosted 1/2/2013 3:23:58 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
This is the kind of stupidity that allowed Obama to get elected for 2 terms. People are just ignorant and brainwashed.

These types of people are usually conservative.
---
"Sweet Kitty, Sweet Kitty, send your topics unto me..." - Lord-Sheogorath
#9zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 3:28:21 PM
MacBookAir posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

These types of people are usually conservative.

From what I've seen is that they're an annoying batch from both groups. Conservatives are more out spoken on it at times though. I'm also a Conservative, but I'm more of a Liberal type Conservative. Actually I'm neutral.

Although I dislike Obama I know he has little power, and not enough to make any severe changes, unless he can influence the Judicial.
---
#10randomweirdoPosted 1/2/2013 3:28:50 PM
MacBookAir posted...

You have that mixed up. The parents that actually would supervise their children are close to being dead. It's the newcomers and soon-to-be-parents that are being lazy and expect everyone else to raise their kids for them as they don't lift a finger to even try.