This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Connecticut town collecting and destroying games

#11Rob_the_NinjaPosted 1/2/2013 3:31:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zD9h7.jpg?1

War never changes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#12glassghost0Posted 1/2/2013 3:34:10 PM
Can we just kill off the previous couple of generations?
---
Signature OFF
#13MacBookAirPosted 1/2/2013 3:34:13 PM
randomweirdo posted...
MacBookAir posted...
That's the thing about society today. You could literally punch a parent with bronze knuckles while burning "THIS GAME IS INAPPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN AND ITS RATED M BECAUSE IT'S VIOLENT" and they still would return it a week later because they found out it was inappropriate and try to get the employee who sold it fired.

Luckily those kind of parents are close to being dead, and (hopefully) the newcomers and soon-to-be-parents will be smarter than that.

God a lot of parents are idiots. Thank god my mom isn't.

You have that mixed up. The parents that actually would supervise their children are close to being dead. It's the newcomers and soon-to-be-parents that are being lazy and expect everyone else to raise their kids for them as they don't lift a finger to even try.

I've observed it the other way around. It's the parents in their Late 40s/Early 50s who I see running back into a store, face full of rage with a copy of GTA IV in their hands, outraged that an employee would sell something like this to their 10 year old after they've been warned.

Of course not all parents are like this.

My mom doesn't monitor my gaming, but she's not going to buy me an M rated game that an employee advised her over, only to come back in and act like not a single word was said about it.
---
"Sweet Kitty, Sweet Kitty, send your topics unto me..." - Lord-Sheogorath
#14oasisbeyondPosted 1/2/2013 3:38:55 PM
This is proves mental illness has so much stigma, no one wants to talk about it.
Look, the dude had problems in the brain and for them if killing 30 people makes sense... They'll do it.

This is what mental illness is, they have 0 control of what they are doing.
Ask my ex... with her bipolar, she's destroying her life now, until she gets help. Then she will realize what she's done to herself and her family.

Games, guns don't kill people. Although, making guns less accessible to people will reduce this by a zillion.

I've played a zillion M rated games, and wouldn't hurt a flie, I usually catch it and let it go outside...
#15zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 3:39:26 PM
MacBookAir posted...
randomweirdo posted...
MacBookAir posted...
That's the thing about society today. You could literally punch a parent with bronze knuckles while burning "THIS GAME IS INAPPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN AND ITS RATED M BECAUSE IT'S VIOLENT" and they still would return it a week later because they found out it was inappropriate and try to get the employee who sold it fired.

Luckily those kind of parents are close to being dead, and (hopefully) the newcomers and soon-to-be-parents will be smarter than that.

God a lot of parents are idiots. Thank god my mom isn't.

You have that mixed up. The parents that actually would supervise their children are close to being dead. It's the newcomers and soon-to-be-parents that are being lazy and expect everyone else to raise their kids for them as they don't lift a finger to even try.

I've observed it the other way around. It's the parents in their Late 40s/Early 50s who I see running back into a store, face full of rage with a copy of GTA IV in their hands, outraged that an employee would sell something like this to their 10 year old after they've been warned.

Of course not all parents are like this.

My mom doesn't monitor my gaming, but she's not going to buy me an M rated game that an employee advised her over, only to come back in and act like not a single word was said about it.

It's both sides of the group that does this. None of them have common sense.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#16RPGNinja123Posted 1/2/2013 3:41:56 PM
MacBookAir posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
This is the kind of stupidity that allowed Obama to get elected for 2 terms. People are just ignorant and brainwashed.

These types of people are usually conservative.

Conservatives don't vote for Obama, unless they are RINOs
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop),
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#17EchoX860Posted 1/2/2013 3:43:05 PM
Live in Bozrah CT, I'm keeping my stuff thanks. I play violent games all the time and I don't have an urge to shoot someone
#18RPGNinja123Posted 1/2/2013 3:43:28 PM
zerooo0 posted...
MacBookAir posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
This is the kind of stupidity that allowed Obama to get elected for 2 terms. People are just ignorant and brainwashed.

From what I've seen is that they're an annoying batch from both groups. Conservatives are more out spoken on it at times though. I'm also a Conservative, but I'm more of a Liberal type Conservative. Actually I'm neutral.

Although I dislike Obama I know he has little power, and not enough to make any severe changes, unless he can influence the Judicial.

You fall into the ignorant category if you think that. If you think the Healthcare isn't going to making any "severe changes" then you live to stop living with your parents so you can see the effects first hand.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop),
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#19zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 3:45:32 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
MacBookAir posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

From what I've seen is that they're an annoying batch from both groups. Conservatives are more out spoken on it at times though. I'm also a Conservative, but I'm more of a Liberal type Conservative. Actually I'm neutral.

Although I dislike Obama I know he has little power, and not enough to make any severe changes, unless he can influence the Judicial.

You fall into the ignorant category if you think that. If you think the Healthcare isn't going to making any "severe changes" then you live to stop living with your parents so you can see the effects first hand.

I don't know much about the Healthcare things so that's not for me to say.

All I know is the President normally doesn't have a lot of power. Influence? Yes, but not a lot of power. It's only if the Judicial branch agrees on it, then he'll get the authority to make it law.

But, I don't know much about the Healthcare for me to say if it's good or bad or not.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#20PwnostarPosted 1/2/2013 3:53:26 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...

Well this topic had nothing to do with the presidential office or Obama...but okay? Way to take a subject and turn it into something that it's not.

If Romney was in office people would still be acting like idiots and blaming video games for violence.
---
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.