This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Connecticut town collecting and destroying games

#21shawnmckPosted 1/2/2013 4:03:25 PM(edited)
MacBookAir posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
This is the kind of stupidity that allowed Obama to get elected for 2 terms. People are just ignorant and brainwashed.

These types of people are usually conservative.

^ Connecticut is a very Democrat heavy State.
It's Governor is Dan Malloy (Democrat), and Senator was Richard Blumenthol (Democrat), but was recently won by Christopher Murphy (Democrat) in the recent elections.
Previous Governors & Senators were also all majority Democrat.
And Obama won Connecticut by a good margin.
That is NOT a Conservative State.

So congratulations for spouting ignorant nonsense.
#22MacBookAirPosted 1/2/2013 4:03:17 PM
shawnmck posted...
MacBookAir posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
This is the kind of stupidity that allowed Obama to get elected for 2 terms. People are just ignorant and brainwashed.

These types of people are usually conservative.

^ Connecticut is a very Democrat heavy State.
It's Governor is Dan Malloy (Democrat), and Senator is Richard Blumenthol (Democrat).
Previous Governors & Senators were also majority Democrat.
And Obama won Connecticut by a good margin.
That is NOT a Conservative State.

So congratulations for spouting ignorant nonsense.

Did I say they were? No. I said usually. Secondly, I live in a heavily republican state, with just about all representatives in Congress republican, and Romney won our state by a landslide. Does that mean every one here is conservative? No, in fact my town is fairly liberal. Finally, a majority of the senators that are campaigning/volleying against video games ARE conservative/republican.

Checketh thyself before thou recketh thyself.
---
"Sweet Kitty, Sweet Kitty, send your topics unto me..." - Lord-Sheogorath
#23shawnmckPosted 1/2/2013 4:08:24 PM(edited)
^ What you posted was ignorant nonsense and had no basis in fact.
You need to check yourself more often, cause you already wrecked yourself.

So what if you said "usually"....that implies most of the time, which is totally false and you can't even back up the claim and and have no proof for it.
So please tell us....what are the cases you speak of when you say "usually"?

Californa ?
Heavy Democrat (Liberal).

New York ?
Heavily Liberal

Washington?
Liberal

C'mon smart guy....where are all these "usual" cases you speak of ?
#24MacBookAirPosted 1/2/2013 4:09:46 PM(edited)
shawnmck posted...

Based off what you're saying, Connecticut cannot have any conservative people or people who believe conservative values because a majority of the people choose democrat, and that it is not possible at all that the people partaking in this event could be republican/conservative because Connecticut is a general democrat state.

I'm just debunking that.

EDIT: If you wanna talk politics, take it to a political form. I was stating an observation I had made about people usually fully against video games in response to an unneeded political statement already posted.
---
#25Super CreaturesPosted 1/2/2013 4:08:31 PM
TheArcade posted...
But the real issue here is mental health and a need for better gun control laws..

No, we need better mental illness awareness, treatment, and laws to keep those with a mental illness from being a threat to themselves or others.

What type of gun control law would have prevented the school shooting?

He murdered his mother and stole her legally owned guns after failing to pass a background check due to mental illness when he attempted to purchase firearms legally, both of those are already crimes.

What, going to make it illegal to own a gun if you have a child with a mental illness?

Gun control isn't the issue.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#26shawnmckPosted 1/2/2013 4:13:14 PM(edited)
MacBookAir posted...
shawnmck posted...

Based off what you're saying, Connecticut cannot have any conservative people or people who believe conservative values because a majority of the people choose democrat, and that it is not possible at all that the people partaking in this event could be republican/conservative because Connecticut is a general democrat state.

I'm just debunking that.

^ I never said that nor insinuated that.
But the facts prove that Connecticut is predominately a Liberal State, NOT Conservative.

There are pockets of Conservatives in California too (where I live), but it is still a predominately Liberal State.

Just look at the laws & regulations that have passed and are in place....they are predominately Democrat (Liberal) policies.
Ergo, they are NOT Conservative.

And Obama would not have carried those States (by a good margin) if they were Conservative.
#27MacBookAirPosted 1/2/2013 4:12:07 PM
shawnmck posted...
MacBookAir posted...
shawnmck posted...

I'm just debunking that.

^ I never said that nor insinuated that.
But the facts prove that Connecticut is predominately a Liberal State, NOT Conservative.

There are pockets of Conservatives in California too (where I live), but it is still a predominately Liberal State.

Just look at the laws & regulations that have passed and are in place....they are predominately Democrat (Liberal) policies.
Ergo, they are NOT Conservative.

And I never said they were. I never said these people partaking in this were in fact, nor did I say that people in Connecticut were in fact all republican. What I said was that from my observation, the people against video games are USUALLY conservative/republican.
---
#28Arucard05Posted 1/2/2013 4:13:49 PM
I should start a "Arucard's Symbol Destruction" business (although I would of course use my real name, Torpal Fischer, as Arucard sounds too foreign). I could collect all of these games and rap cd's and bras and whatnot and tell everybody I'm going to destroy 'em real good. Then I take them home and have a sweet pile of free games and bras.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#29MacBookAirPosted 1/2/2013 4:15:21 PM
Arucard05 posted...
I should start a "Arucard's Symbol Destruction" business (although I would of course use my real name, Torpal Fischer, as Arucard sounds too foreign). I could collect all of these games and rap cd's and bras and whatnot and tell everybody I'm going to destroy 'em real good. Then I take them home and have a sweet pile of free games and bras.

You are a genius.

Why a pile of bras though?
---
#30shawnmckPosted 1/2/2013 4:21:08 PM(edited)
MacBookAir posted...

And I never said they were. I never said these people partaking in this were in fact, nor did I say that people in Connecticut were in fact all republican. What I said was that from my observation, the people against video games are USUALLY conservative/republican.

^ You mean like Hilary Clinton, Joeseph Lieberman, Jack Thompson, Joe Biden, Harry Reid, and others that are all Democrat.

It wasn't Republicans that are looking into banning video-games, but Democrats.
Joe Biden (vice-president) & Harry Reid (Senate) both are pushing for looking into violent video-games as a possible cause of the Connecticut shooting, and they are backed up by other Democrats such as Nancy Pilocy and other Senate Democrats, including Obama himself.

Sure, there are a few Republicans too, but the vast majority are Democrat.

They are NOT "usually Conservative/Republics"...but are in fact Liberal/Democrat.
The facts & History prove this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/19/video-games-sandy-hook_n_2330741.html