This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Connecticut town collecting and destroying games

#41WarhawkPosted 1/2/2013 6:48:08 PM
shawnmck posted...
MacBookAir posted...

And I never said they were. I never said these people partaking in this were in fact, nor did I say that people in Connecticut were in fact all republican. What I said was that from my observation, the people against video games are USUALLY conservative/republican.

^ You mean like Hilary Clinton, Joeseph Lieberman, Jack Thompson, Joe Biden, Harry Reid, and others that are all Democrat.

It wasn't Republicans that are looking into banning video-games, but Democrats.
Joe Biden (vice-president) & Harry Reid (Senate) both are pushing for looking into violent video-games as a possible cause of the Connecticut shooting, and they are backed up by other Democrats such as Nancy Pilocy and other Senate Democrats, including Obama himself.

Sure, there are a few Republicans too, but the vast majority are Democrat.

They are NOT "usually Conservative/Republics"...but are in fact Liberal/Democrat.
The facts & History prove this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/19/video-games-sandy-hook_n_2330741.html

Don't get me started on Jack Thompson. I'm not sure he was really all there to be honest. I even e-mailed the guy once saying what I thought, and I don't think he really gave a rat's behind what I said to be honest. I think that he might've not like how I went about asking the questions that needed to be asked about situations like this.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man Legends
#42RPGNinja123Posted 1/2/2013 6:49:43 PM
shawnmck posted...
MacBookAir posted...

And I never said they were. I never said these people partaking in this were in fact, nor did I say that people in Connecticut were in fact all republican. What I said was that from my observation, the people against video games are USUALLY conservative/republican.

^ You mean like Hilary Clinton, Joeseph Lieberman, Jack Thompson, Joe Biden, Harry Reid, and others that are all Democrat.

It wasn't Republicans that are looking into banning video-games, but Democrats.
Joe Biden (vice-president) & Harry Reid (Senate) both are pushing for looking into violent video-games as a possible cause of the Connecticut shooting, and they are backed up by other Democrats such as Nancy Pilocy and other Senate Democrats, including Obama himself.

Sure, there are a few Republicans too, but the vast majority are Democrat.

They are NOT "usually Conservative/Republics"...but are in fact Liberal/Democrat.
The facts & History prove this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/19/video-games-sandy-hook_n_2330741.html

You notice he stops responding after you proved him wrong again and again. Like I said before, it is ignorant people like you who voted for Obama that is part of a larger problem that absolutely relates to the ignorance of this town burning and collecting games and yes it is a majority of liberals running this crusade.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop),
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV
#43JKSonicPosted 1/2/2013 6:58:27 PM
Couple quick things...

- Strict gun laws...because that is working soooooooooo well for drugs right? People who want them will still get them and those who commit these crimes but can't get them will still commit them...they'll just use something else. The real culprit here is the media, these people commit those crimes because they want to commit suicide and do it in a way that will get them remembered.

- Not sure about "historically" but in recent times it has most certainly been the "Left" who advocates censorship...on the radio, tv, and yes video games. Where people get this confused is because people generally think of Republicans as old white dudes who are out of touch with more modern stuff like video games.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#44CBratePosted 1/2/2013 7:00:11 PM
There will always be stupid people no matter how many gunmen the nation breeds.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 179 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: stupid_newbie
#45SparkItUpPosted 1/2/2013 8:12:46 PM
zerooo0 posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/news/connecticut-town-collecting-and-destroying-games-6401982

Just facepalm. I mean it's like nobody looks on the back of the game, and says"OH, it's an M rated game for a reason, lets just buy it for our kids anyways"

I mean Facepalm people.

Edit: Yea as somebody pointed out. This isn't mandate. It's a group of people doing this.

TC, you make it as if it is a mandatory thing they are being forced to do. It is voluntary..Nowhere does it say it even has to be a violent game, just that violent games are their motivation. If they went house - house with law enforcement forcing people to do so, I could understand your crying...however this clearly is not the case...This is clearly just a topic to try and get people riled up over nothing and start up the whole "Omgz it sams "M" right on the back!" debate. Good try though.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfgXD8qV8
#46SparkItUpPosted 1/2/2013 8:15:09 PM
JKSonic posted...
Couple quick things...

- Not sure about "historically" but in recent times it has most certainly been the "Left" who advocates censorship...on the radio, tv, and yes video games. Where people get this confused is because people generally think of Republicans as old white dudes who are out of touch with more modern stuff like video games.

Most laws against guns either started under a conservative administration or were signed by them.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfgXD8qV8
#47BlueJester007Posted 1/2/2013 8:22:27 PM
People are just stupid. That's how it is unfortunately.

The real issue here is not video games. It has nothing to do with them AT ALL.

It is more about the more personal issues Mr. Lanza had.
He was autistic and had access to weaponry. What needs to happen because of this incident is a law that prevents mentally unstable people from buying or even accessing any type of weaponry.

This is just common sense, but it appears it is just not so common. Shame.
---
Look, if you want me to go take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I can. I got spare time.
#48oomomowPosted 1/2/2013 8:26:16 PM
My first 'bad' game was when I was 4 years old. My mom told me to take over while she went pee. The game was Grand Theft Auto. She got mad at me when I killed the character from jumping off a building. She kind of got mad at me when I killed her. The same happened with Mortal Kombat 4 hours after that.
---
V
#49rusty12000Posted 1/2/2013 8:27:52 PM
So... are they going to collect Tv to destroy them plenty of violence on TV. start burning violent books and movies. Crazy people lol
---
http://openmedia.ca/meter -- Put a stop to Big internet companies trying to put a cap on bandwidth in Canada!!!!
#50BlueJester007Posted 1/2/2013 8:28:59 PM
rusty12000 posted...
So... are they going to collect Tv to destroy them plenty of violence on TV. start burning violent books and movies. Crazy people lol

Exactly. That's how hypocritical and dumb this is. Inconsistent people doing inconsistent things.
---
Look, if you want me to go take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I can. I got spare time.